Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Fairfield Inn versus Candy Cane Inn

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    We stayed at the Fairfield last year, and enjoyed it. Our room was basic, but very nice. We had two queen beds, and they were very comfortable. Better than HoJo's old buildings for sure. Our room at the Fairfield was also very clean, and attended to during our stay.

Which buildings are the old buildings? We have only stayed in 1 and 2 before and the rooms did not appear old.

• Wishing upon a star....

Fairfield Inn without a doubt!
    Super clean and great location. Last time we had a great view of the fireworks outside our room and security is wonderful.
    Last edited by Gandalf75; 02-18-2010 at 03:52 PM. Reason: because

We are probably staying at this hotel with my family in July. I know peak season, but we will be in SoCal for another event and couldn't pass up the opportunity. Is there a specific side to request for a view of the fireworks or can you see them from most rooms?

I have never stayed at the Fairfield but have stayed often at the Candy Cane Inn. I have stayed in standard, deluxe and Premium. Standards are on the smaller side. The beds are very comfortable. The spa and pool are nice. (a little too much clorine in the spa sometimes.) The continental breakfast is great. Fresh fruit, several differnt types of cereal, instant oatmeal, coffee of apple juice. Different bagels with a toaster, different cream cheeses, toast. definately not your average "continental breakfast". The rooms have always been clean and every customer service need filled right away. I would highly recommend this hotel each and every time.

Quote Originally Posted by kelticjedi View Post
    We are probably staying at this hotel with my family in July. I know peak season, but we will be in SoCal for another event and couldn't pass up the opportunity. Is there a specific side to request for a view of the fireworks or can you see them from most rooms?
    you can walk around the floors to see the fireworks since the corridors are on the outside. as far as where to ask for a room for easy acess for viewing, for the west wing you want a room on the north side, for the east wing you want the top floor on the west side. the east wing is one floor higher than the west wing and the lower floors of the east wing are partially blocked by the west wing.

• Merry 2014!

I have stayed at both motels. I prefer the Candy Cane because it is quaint, the pool is nicely landscaped, the beds are super comfy, the breakfast is nice and it has its own park shuttle.

The rooms at the Fairfield are larger although basic, our room had two doubles and a pull out sofa. The three of us had enough room. You can certainly hear the fireworks and see some of it too. That was cool for the first night but I wouldn't want it every night. It was an easier walk back to the hotel at the end of the day too.

Both are really good choices.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12