Super 8 on Katella

We have booked this hotel for Mar 3 - 10 and it's the one to the south, next to Anaheim Gardenwalk mall. I emailed the hotel after booking, requesting a microwave and a fridge in the room and I got a reply later that day telling me that they would do their best to accomodate us. The next day, I realized that they have an upper floor accessed only by stairs and because I have mobility issues and will be renting a scooter, this would be a problem if we were assigned an upper floor room. I emailed again and asked for a ground floor room, explaining the situation. Literally within minutes, he replied back, telling me that a ground floor room will be reserved for us. So far, I am impressed with the level of service, assuming we actually get the room we've asked for and the microwave and the fridge when we show up. This place got decent reviews on Tripadvisor. Does anyone else have any experience with this hotel? Any thoughts or suggestions?

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Re: Super 8 on Katella

This is our hotel! whenever we are staying up in anaheim for a weekend (we live in San Diego, sometimes we just day trip, sometimes we spoil ourselves and stay a whole weekend we ALWAYS stay at the super 8. The staff has always been friendly Now, we always walk, seeing as it is only a 10-15 min walk, so we dont know anything about the shuttles, but i do know that they do not have a shuttle specifically for them, like the candy cane inn has a their own shuttle. so that is something else you may have to research if you and your party aren't willing to hoof it!

Continental Breakfast is decent, served from 6-9. breads, cereal, that kind of thing.

free parking, but i beleive its only one car per room.

we have been staying there for a couple years now, so if you have any other questions, just let me know.

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Thanks for your quick response! I am curious, how feasible is it to just use my scooter to get to DL? Is crossing Harbour as difficult as some say? I assume they have a crosswalk. I know my family would be willing to walk and it would save us a few on $ as well as avoiding the hassle of loading the scooter into a bus.

• let's talk Disney, okay!

yeah! we just cross Harbour at Katella, much easier than crossing with the huge crowd that crosses by the main gate!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

We always stay at Super 8 as well but the one on Disneyland Drive. We stayed at the one on Katella once and, for some reason, had a bad experience. Hope yours is better.
    *Under Construction...*

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

I've stayed here twice and it's not one I would go back to again. Each time I stayed there it was due to its proximity to the Worldmark Anaheim on the other side of Garden Walk where I would be staying for the rest of my trip. I just had a bad time with both stays in rooms facing the Garden Walk parking structure and it would get VERY loud when the bars would close - and then louder when the street sweeper went through. With the good luck you have had with contacting them, I would ask for a room on the other side of the building so you aren't facing that parking garage.

As for their breakfast - my kids wouldn't eat a bite of it after the first day. Dry donuts, and they made my daughter feel guilty about asking for a 2nd glass of milk.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Embrace the kitsch!

I stayed here during the 50th, when Gardenwalk was still a vacant lot, so I didn't have the noise problem. I found it to be a basic, clean hotel room, but noticeably dark. The only light in the room was the one overhead lamp. When I was there, they didn't have milk at breakfast, so I'm glad to hear that they do now. I also got an LA Times on my doorstep every morning.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    I stayed here during the 50th, when Gardenwalk was still a vacant lot, so I didn't have the noise problem.
    Not long before that's the case again.

Anyways, it is a very nice hotel for the price. I've stayed there twice and the only complaint I have ever had was that there aren't enough electrical outlets. (just one) Definetly recommended for those on a budget. (like this poor college student)

One warning, however: it IS a longer walk than it seems, about fifteen to twenty minutes to the park and shuttle service doesn't come very much.