Thread: Del Sol Inn

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Del Sol Inn

Has anyone stayed at the Del Sol Inn? It looks like its in behind Denny's, but I can't figure it out. Reviews on Hotels.com range from 2/10 to 10/10 so I don't know what to think.

• "Always On The Move..."

Re: Del Sol Inn

I stayed there a couple of years ago and it was roach heaven. Also, the room itself was filthy. I'll never stay there again.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I stayed there once. It was very dark and slightly creepy. Felt like walking down an alley to get to the room. The room was not nice. It didn't make me go running to check out, but definitely not somewhere you would want to hang out.
    A signature should go here.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Well with sparkling reviews like that, I think my decision is pretty clear. I wonder if they have cleaned it up though to get the good reviews on hotel sites?

I have stayed at the Del Sol for several days with a large group of friends… Keep in mind my view might be slightly jaded because the two hotels I stay at the most when visiting Disneyland are the Disneyland Hotel and the Paradise Pier Hotel. The most positive thing about the Del Sol is the location… It is right behind the Denny’s, you just keep on driving through the Denny’s Parking lot and there it is. So the park is literally across the street, you just have to walk through the Denny’s parking lot, across the street, and past the shuttle drop offs and you are to the security/front gate area.
    While the hotel was clean, and each room had a mini fridge I wasn’t impressed. The rooms were really dark. The “Free Breakfast” they offer wasn’t really great by any standards. They had two choices of cereal (I’m thinking the off brand of Cheerios and Corn flakes), toast, milk, weird tasting orange juice, and 2 varieties of dry/waxy/tasteless pastries. It is better than nothing, but if you are hoping for something great, or basing any of your decision off of the fact that they offer breakfast… Don’t. The parking was really bad in that there wasn’t even a spot for one car for each room. When there was no room left we were told to park in the Denny’s Parking lot as close to the hotel as possible and “Hopefully you won’t get towed… Umm, yea you probably will be ok there”. That was reassuring. And I felt slightly unsafe in that whenever someone from our group wouldn’t have a key to their room (in that they only issued two key’s per room to begin with) if someone went to the front desk they would just give you a key to whatever room you said you were staying in… That is a convenient policy if you lose your key a lot, or if you want to pull pranks on someone in the room next to you… Yet it’s slightly concerning to think anyone else could probably have easy access to your room if they just asked with a smile on their face.
    For the group I was with for this trip (August 2009 with over 50 college age young adults) the hotel was good because it was “Cheaper” then others around, and it was close to the park. But on the next trip I’m taking with a bunch of roommates we are going with a slightly better hotel (which I got cheaper through Priceline), yes we will have to walk a little further, but the feel of the rooms, and higher quality breakfast in my mind more than make up the difference.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Park Vue Inn it is! haha

I stayed at the Del Sol in once and I was scared to death. It just seems so creepy walking way back in there to get to your hotel room. Also it was pretty boring and dirty hotel room. It was not what I expected but there website of course made everything seem a lot better. I kept thinking there was going to be a murder or something because to me the hotel looked like it was straight out of a horror movie. To make matters worse one night we came back to Disneyland and the police had been looking for someone who stabbed somebody or something in the hotel or at Denny's. I swear something always happens at the hotels I stay at.

• no flash photography...

I've passed by it. I would not stay there by it's appearance.