Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Disney Dream World
    Posts
    570

    Conceirge level at Dland Hotel

    We will be celebrating a vacation this Christmas and have booked a conceirge level room at the Disneyland Hotel. Has anyone experienced this and is it worth the extra money....we stayed at the Paradise Pier last Chrismas in a regular standard room and it was great I am hoping that we will have the same experience if not better this year since we are splurging on the conceirge level.

  2. #2

    • socal native
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Freeway close
    Posts
    504

    Re: Conceirge level at Dland Hotel

    We have done concierge before and loved it. All other visits will now pale by comparison. The lounge is open with free drinks all day long. The snacks are wonderful and portable for the most part. Don't expect full-blown meals, but nibbles you can fill up on if you want. They also had, when we were there, the "Uncrustables" available at tea and "dinner" time (of course i imagine offerings can vary, but they had these everyday we were there). Grab a few for snacks in the park. Same with juice boxes and water. The wine and cheese evening offering is all you can drink too. They will keep filling you up! But don't arrive late. When they post closed at 10, they mean 10. The staff is marvelous, and while not miracle workers, they can make reservations on a whim. I totally recommend it, but it really is a splurge, which is why i am not doing it anytime soon.

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Disney Dream World
    Posts
    570

    Smile Re: Conceirge level at Dland Hotel

    Thank you for your response..I you provided me with a better idea of what they offer and I think just being able to get water, soda and a snack would be nice. I will definetely make use of that service. I am really good with planning ahead as far as reservations for meals so that probably will not be utilized. You are right that it is a splurge and to be honest I was not sure if I should do it but I figure I might as well try it at least once and then at least I can say I experienced it..I probably wont do it again but we will see...

  4. #4

    • A Pirate's life for me!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    top half of CA
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: Conceirge level at Dland Hotel

    Yeah, we've taken advantage of the concierge level at the various on-site hotels numerous times over the years.

    The fine CM's actually encourage you to take the (Disney labeled) bottled water and use it inside the Parks.

    It's tough to beat!

  5. #5

    • Wenatchee, Washington
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1

    Re: Conceirge level at Dland Hotel

    We spent a week in Disneyland Hotel. We checked into the hotel at 9pm, just in time to stow our stuff in the room and check out Concierge. They immediately offered this tired mama a glass of wine and the kids had refreshments while we watched the fireworks. The cast members got to know all my kids and were always available to pin trade, help with plans and chat. We started our day there and ended it there. The breakfast started us all out for the day, and we had lots of drinks and special Mickey snacks anytime. The happy hour was a light appetizer meal. The day we went to Sea World, they packed us up lunch stuff! The lounge gave our family extra space for hanging out. Considering the cost of just 5 water bottles a day plus breakfast for my family of five made it a great choice! We loved it and look forward to another "once in a lifetime" trip someday.

  6. #6

    • Mr. IncrediBall
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    88

    Thumbs up Re: Conceirge level at Dland Hotel

    Oh good thread.

    I stay at the local hotels often and never could bring my self to "splurge" so to speak, for the concierge level. But this has given me the confidence to do so. On a special occasion of course...

  7. #7

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: Conceirge level at Dland Hotel

    We also splurge on the Concierge level every so often when we stay (we stay at one of the Disney Hotels about 4 times per year). One of the nice little benefits is that you also have a separate check in line that rarely has anyone in it. It is just past the end of the regular check in line.

    Also, here's a nice tip. Call them about 5 days before your stay and let them know it is for a special occasion. The last time we did this, they made us the "Family of the Day". I didn't know what that meant other than they gave us a handful of balloons and signed Mickey photos. We wanted to watch the fireworks from the concierge lounge but got there too late to grab a window table. I noticed there was an empty table at the end with balloons on it but it was reserved for the Family of the Day. It took me about 3 minutes to realize that was us. Needless to say, it made for a wonderful trip.
    Life is far too short for bland food!


    Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Disney Dream World
    Posts
    570

    Re: Conceirge level at Dland Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    We also splurge on the Concierge level every so often when we stay (we stay at one of the Disney Hotels about 4 times per year). One of the nice little benefits is that you also have a separate check in line that rarely has anyone in it. It is just past the end of the regular check in line.

    Also, here's a nice tip. Call them about 5 days before your stay and let them know it is for a special occasion. The last time we did this, they made us the "Family of the Day". I didn't know what that meant other than they gave us a handful of balloons and signed Mickey photos. We wanted to watch the fireworks from the concierge lounge but got there too late to grab a window table. I noticed there was an empty table at the end with balloons on it but it was reserved for the Family of the Day. It took me about 3 minutes to realize that was us. Needless to say, it made for a wonderful trip.
    Would celebrating Christmas count as a special ocassion or would I be better of with say a birthday or first visit type of ocassion?
    This will be our first time utilizing or shall I say splurging on conceirge level. I figured it would be nice with the kids rather than by ourselves. When viewing the fireworks in the lounge...do you get the same affect as viewing in the park?? Which is better?

  9. #9

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: Conceirge level at Dland Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by loveforfamily View Post
    Would celebrating Christmas count as a special ocassion or would I be better of with say a birthday or first visit type of ocassion?
    This will be our first time utilizing or shall I say splurging on conceirge level. I figured it would be nice with the kids rather than by ourselves. When viewing the fireworks in the lounge...do you get the same affect as viewing in the park?? Which is better?
    I would tell them it's a birthday or anniversary or first time. Those work well.

    Personally, I like to watch the fireworks from in the park. I've watched them from the lounge several times and looking across the roof of ESPN Zone to watch them loses some of the magic. Also, from the lounge you can really tell that the fireworks are launched from way behind the park, whereas from in front of the castle, it looks like they are right above it.
    Also, make sure you stop in the lounge in the morning to load up on food and drinks and again in the evening. Since you are paying the extra money, make sure you get your moneys worth.

    The reason I said to call them 5 days before your reservation is because that is when they start assigning rooms. If you are really nice to the person on the phone, they can set you up in a good room. We did that in January and they put us in one of the newly remodeled rooms. We did it in February at Paradise Pier and they put us on the top (15th) floor in a really nice room. Also, never, ever make your reservation on the internet. Those automatically go to the crappy rooms. Always call to do it.
    Life is far too short for bland food!


    Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

  10. #10

    • socal native
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Freeway close
    Posts
    504

    Re: Conceirge level at Dland Hotel

    Probably not just Christmas, a birthday/anniversary may get you better perks. We went the month of my birthday/our anniversary (though not even close to either date, and it was not our wedding date we were celebrating, but the day we met, which we celebrate every year anyways) and we got buttons, personalized and signed photos of Mickey and Mickey and Minnie, treats in the room, towel animals and roses.

    I have heard they put Christmas trees in concierge rooms for Christmas though. Maybe you'll get that?

    Can't speak to fireworks, since we didn't see them from there. You'll definitely enjoy it no matter what happens.

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Disney Dream World
    Posts
    570

    Re: Conceirge level at Dland Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by elsa View Post
    Probably not just Christmas, a birthday/anniversary may get you better perks. We went the month of my birthday/our anniversary (though not even close to either date, and it was not our wedding date we were celebrating, but the day we met, which we celebrate every year anyways) and we got buttons, personalized and signed photos of Mickey and Mickey and Minnie, treats in the room, towel animals and roses.

    I have heard they put Christmas trees in concierge rooms for Christmas though. Maybe you'll get that?

    Can't speak to fireworks, since we didn't see them from there. You'll definitely enjoy it no matter what happens.

    Oooh, Christmas trees I had not heard that yet...last year at Paradise Pier we bought one of the Christmas trees for about two hundred dollars.. It was nice but I dont think I will do that again. I think I will go with the birthday for my little one his birthday is the closest to our trip so he will be excited to feel that this is part of his birthday celebration. It is also close enough that it could be. Thanks for everything

  12. #12

    • RCMC: Java Junkie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Castro Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,867

    Re: Conceirge level at Dland Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    One of the nice little benefits is that you also have a separate check in line that rarely has anyone in it. It is just past the end of the regular check in line.

    Also, here's a nice tip. Call them about 5 days before your stay and let them know it is for a special occasion. The last time we did this, they made us the "Family of the Day". I didn't know what that meant other than they gave us a handful of balloons and signed Mickey photos. We wanted to watch the fireworks from the concierge lounge but got there too late to grab a window table. I noticed there was an empty table at the end with balloons on it but it was reserved for the Family of the Day. It took me about 3 minutes to realize that was us. Needless to say, it made for a wonderful trip.
    Now that's awesome!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    I would tell them it's a birthday or anniversary or first time. Those work well.

    Also, make sure you stop in the lounge in the morning to load up on food and drinks and again in the evening. Since you are paying the extra money, make sure you get your moneys worth.

    The reason I said to call them 5 days before your reservation is because that is when they start assigning rooms. If you are really nice to the person on the phone, they can set you up in a good room. We did that in January and they put us in one of the newly remodeled rooms. We did it in February at Paradise Pier and they put us on the top (15th) floor in a really nice room. Also, never, ever make your reservation on the internet. Those automatically go to the crappy rooms. Always call to do it.
    Thanks for the calling in tip, that's good to know. I'll have to remember that one for future reference.

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Disney Dream World
    Posts
    570

    Re: Conceirge level at Dland Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by loveforfamily View Post
    We will be celebrating a vacation this Christmas and have booked a conceirge level room at the Disneyland Hotel. Has anyone experienced this and is it worth the extra money....we stayed at the Paradise Pier last Chrismas in a regular standard room and it was great I am hoping that we will have the same experience if not better this year since we are splurging on the conceirge level.
    After all this and I ended up booking at the PP in a one bedroom suite...much more expensive but I figured we needed the extra sleeping space. Still considering conceirge though as an add on. Has anyone stayed in a one bedroom suite at PP?
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

  14. #14

    • hi!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,781

    Re: Conceirge level at Dland Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by elsa View Post
    Can't speak to fireworks
    i can't speak to fireworks either.. last time i tried talking to one he zipped away.. and when i confronted him about it, he really showed his explosive personality.

    *rimshot* sorry, had to..
    -plagued

  15. #15

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Disney Dream World
    Posts
    570

    Re: Conceirge level at Dland Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    i can't speak to fireworks either.. last time i tried talking to one he zipped away.. and when i confronted him about it, he really showed his explosive personality.

    *rimshot* sorry, had to..
    funny
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] Uni vs. Dland
    By MistaDee in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 01:49 PM
  2. [Question] Can't book the conceirge level through disneyland?
    By kyliemisek in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 11:00 PM
  3. Disneyland Hotel Concierge Level?
    By Frankly Franky in forum So. Cal. Hotel Reviews
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 08:06 AM
  4. First time staying on property - Is it worth staying Conceirge?
    By LilRah08 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 09:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •