Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: HOJO vs. Paradise Pier?

We much prefer the PPH over Hojo's.

And we usually kick it up a notch and go with the Concierge level...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by KaperKate View Post
    $50 isn't a huge deal, it's the experience that I'm interested in.

Well I would not discount hojo as an option next time you stay or if you change your mind! As itís just as nice to see the fireworks for the hojo spa then it is from a room at PP hotel!! And it really is nice hotel, itís not trashy at all!

How about the Disneyland Hotel for $224 more than the HOJO ($190 more than PP)? Is it that much better?

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

How about the Disneyland Hotel for $224 more than the HOJO ($190 more than PP)? Is it that much better?
    If you are able to get into one of the freshly remodeled rooms, I think its in the dream tower (sorry can't remember which tower) then definitely yes. Having the monorail take you into the park everyday is a nice perk too. I believe when you make your reservations you can request to be put into one of the newly remodeled rooms. I'm sure you can still request it even after having reservations at the hotel. Also tell them you're trying to make it as memorable as possible for you and your kids and they'll try and do what they can for you. It's worth a try in my book.

since i haven't stayed at the Hojos, Does Disney include them in the early morning openings or is it just for Disney hotels?

That could be one of the reasons to go with Paradise Pier. The 50.00 might be worth the advantage of going into the parks one hour before the big crowds. With the two young childrens you could do a few of the family rides with less wait then head back to the hotel to rest midday.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Twin 6yr olds? You are going to need some down time. If they are new swimmers definitely stay at HoJos. Paradise Pier is funner for older kids 8+. DL hotel is my fave, but not whilest all the renovations/construction noise is going on. If you're thinking of splurging, consider GCH. THAT my friends is convenience.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    since i haven't stayed at the Hojos, Does Disney include them in the early morning openings or is it just for Disney hotels?

That could be one of the reasons to go with Paradise Pier. The 50.00 might be worth the advantage of going into the parks one hour before the big crowds. With the two young childrens you could do a few of the family rides with less wait then head back to the hotel to rest midday.
    While staying at one of the Disney Hotels on property I believe you get the early morning each day and not just the ones that are specified on tickets you get from AAA or through Disneyland.com I thought I remember reading that somewhere in a post in another thread recently.

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    If they are new swimmers definitely stay at HoJos. Paradise Pier is funner for older kids 8+.
    They are new swimmers, and since I'm alone with them, I was worried about that. One reason I considered going with the DL hotel. Maybe I can get Hojo to come down in their rates?

I called HOJO, and they had no interest in convincing me to stay there instead. I was kind of disappointed, as I'd like to keep the costs down, and I'm worried about PP's pool for my little ones. I'm hesitant about the extra $224 for Disneyland Hotel - HOJO's rates wree already pushing it for me, and I might get a crappy room as the deal is for a "standard".

Any last words of advice? I can't decide!

• Go Angels!

The 13th Dimension, Twilight Zone Boulevard

My family always stays at PPH. The pool area is awesome, there is always a Disney atmosphere in the air and the views are great! PCH Grill is really good, too, we eat there for dinner a couple times. There is close availability to DCA and DTD also, with GCH just across the street! I would stay at Paradise Pier, but decide on the one you feel is right for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jack is ballin View Post
    My family always stays at PPH. The pool area is awesome, there is always a Disney atmosphere in the air and the views are great! PCH Grill is really good, too, we eat there for dinner a couple times. There is close availability to DCA and DTD also, with GCH just across the street! I would stay at Paradise Pier, but decide on the one you feel is right for you.
    Have you gotten the view with the standard room type, or did you need to upgrade?

• Go Angels!

The 13th Dimension, Twilight Zone Boulevard

We've always gotten the standard views, but there is still a view of the pool and the sunset in the evening (standard faces west).

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Did you ask for the micechat rate? Or the entertainment book rate, if you have one? The pool area is awesome! I haven't ever stayed at PPH so I can't tel you one vsthe other!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Hukuna Matata!

Quote Originally Posted by love♥dca View Post
    But you got to be agreeable! If she/he is on a budget with her/his family then the hojo is the way to go!!
    This is true, but if it is only 50 dollars more for the whole trip, then you cant go wrong with the paradise pier, I mean the rooms there alone are usually 200+ a night. Definitly go with the Pier on this one.

• Hukuna Matata!

I called HOJO, and they had no interest in convincing me to stay there instead. I was kind of disappointed, as I'd like to keep the costs down, and I'm worried about PP's pool for my little ones. I'm hesitant about the extra $224 for Disneyland Hotel - HOJO's rates wree already pushing it for me, and I might get a crappy room as the deal is for a "standard".

Any last words of advice? I can't decide!
    The pool at the Pier is beautiful, the lobby is beautiful, the rooms are lovely, the bed is like sleeping on a pillow, there is Disney art on the walls, everything is Disney, you really are getting a Disney experience, Trust Me I have stayed in both places, they are both great, the pier is usually just to expensive, And yes the view of the fireworks at the hojo is great, but consider that on the roof of the pier the view is also great and they play the music that goes with the fireworks. That right there is enough to get me to go.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast