Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: HOJO vs. Paradise Pier?

I'm going to stay on Disney property instead of the HOJO, just because of the deal. It may be only affordable shot that I get to stay in a Disney hotel. If the HOJO had agreed to give me a better deal, I might have considered it (I asked for everything deal I could think of, but they were pretty stonefaced about it). I guess I'm just lucky that there happened to be such a good deal at the time I was going and I am able to take advantage of it. Thank you so much for the advice - it helped me to comfortably make the decision. The HOJO looks great and I will definitely have it at the top of my list next time.

My daughters don't know we are going - I'm keeping it a surprise until the last minute. They're going to FREAK OUT!

• Hukuna Matata!

Ah

• Hukuna Matata!

I think that is great you guys are going to have a great time, Definitly take the time to watch the fireworks from the roof of the hotel, I think you will love it especially with the music coming out of the speakers. I love keeping it a suprise from the little ones until the end. I will be waiting for your trip report anxiously.

• no flash photography...

I would go with paradise pier. I've had all good experiences there. I have had one good and one not so great ( I have not wanted to go back) experience at hojo's.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by KaperKate View Post
    I'm going to stay on Disney property instead of the HOJO, just because of the deal. It may be only affordable shot that I get to stay in a Disney hotel. If the HOJO had agreed to give me a better deal, I might have considered it (I asked for everything deal I could think of, but they were pretty stonefaced about it). I guess I'm just lucky that there happened to be such a good deal at the time I was going and I am able to take advantage of it. Thank you so much for the advice - it helped me to comfortably make the decision. The HOJO looks great and I will definitely have it at the top of my list next time.

My daughters don't know we are going - I'm keeping it a surprise until the last minute. They're going to FREAK OUT!
    That's awesome!!! I'm glad you're going to stay on property. Like you said you have the opportunity and I would go for it as well. Yeah I can see your little kids freaking out....like this You will have such a great time! I look forward to hearing a trip report with pictures when you get back. Have fun! Say hi to Mickey for all of us!!

I think you made the right choice. I always stay onsite if I can help it, but we didn't have a great experience at Hojo, and don't plan on going back there. I have more wonderful memories then I can count from staying at the DLR hotels! I know you'll have a great time!

• Greetings, Program!

Hearing some great things about the HOJO, but the most important thing I need to know is...do they allow small pets?
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Hukuna Matata!

Quote Originally Posted by NVDLfan View Post
    I think you made the right choice. I always stay onsite if I can help it, but we didn't have a great experience at Hojo, and don't plan on going back there. I have more wonderful memories then I can count from staying at the DLR hotels! I know you'll have a great time!
    Im curious to find out what your complications were at the Hojo, the only type of problems I have had is the key card not working, but after staying at many other hotels in the same area I consider that a minor setback.

• Seeker of Fun

We stayed at the HOJO last fall, and liked it. The only thing bad I would say, is that the older buildings are just that...older. There's no elevator, which they told us..not a big deal, more of a pain lugging stuff up a really tight staircase.

The only other issue was the skylights. We were upstairs, and quickly realized that the skylights kept it from being dark at all. That.....wasn't very good. I would not recommend staying in one of those rooms.

Other than that, it was very nice.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Though I was really looking forward to the HoJo, we had handful of small disappointments that together added up to a disappointment. (However, the kids LOVED the Castaway Cove area and therefore, so did I ). I'm looking into PPH for our next trip.

• A Pirate's life for me!

I'm worried about PP's pool for my little ones.

Any last words of advice?

As a Disney Hotel guest, you can enjoy any of the pools at all three on-site hotels.

We always enjoy at least two of the pools during our on-property stays. We don't really care for the GCH pool that is next to Storytellers. Not much privacy and it is small.

We prefer the Neverland Pool over any of the others, but that is just us. When the kids want to enjoy the slide at the PPH (and we are staying in the Sierra Tower), we just hoof it on over to that one.

My last word of advice... Enjoy!!!

• A Pirate's life for me!

I'm going to stay on Disney property instead of the HOJO

GREAT choice!!! You'll have a blast!

We never cared for HOJO's... We kept reading all of the hoopla here, but we were disappointed with the joint. Once was enough.

Great surprise for the kids too! They'll be blown away!

When you check in, be sure and ask the front desk CM for the complimentary autographed character pictures for the kids. They'll even personalize them with your kids names and special occassion (if there is one). Balloons too!!!

HOJO's doesn't do that...

Great memories are coming your way!

Thank you so much for the tips - I will definitely ask for the pictures when we check in. My daughters will love that.

I decided to go for the Disneyland Hotel, because of the pool and it's proximity to the monorail/park (it's probably not that much closer, but when you're traveling alone with two 6-year-olds, every step counts! The GCH was out of the question). Now if we can only get upgraded to a remodeled room - fingers crossed!

I am so pumped up! I'll probably be more excited that they are.

• The 70th Matt Named Super

OK...so now I have some questions too!! I also have a better deal at PP than at HoJo and I'm thinking of taking it, but...not sure how far it is from the parks...I keep reading on other sites (Disneyland.com) that it has a private entrance into DCA, but that's not right is it? GC has a private entrance. Also, are you sure about using the other pools? What about Early Entry, does that come with staying at PP? PP just seems further away than the HoJo. Any help would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Supermatt70 View Post
    OK...so now I have some questions too!! I also have a better deal at PP than at HoJo and I'm thinking of taking it, but...not sure how far it is from the parks...I keep reading on other sites (Disneyland.com) that it has a private entrance into DCA, but that's not right is it? GC has a private entrance. Also, are you sure about using the other pools? What about Early Entry, does that come with staying at PP? PP just seems further away than the HoJo. Any help would be awesome!
    I'm not sure - maybe someone who has stayed at both can chime in. I don't think that PP is particularly close to the parks, and it's probably true that some non-Disney hotels are actually closer. I decided on the Disneyland hotel because of the pool mostly, and secondarily the monorail option and the proximity to Downtown Disney for food. I think you do get early entry when it's available. Not sure about the pool hopping - there seems to be conflicting info on that (like only if the pool at your chosen hotel is under renovation, perhaps?).

But I would have stayed at the PP over the HOJO if the DLH wasn't available or just too much, just to get the experience of staying in a Disney hotel at a price that was feasible. I figured I can probably always afford to stay at the HOJO, but not a Disney hotel - so I went for it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast