Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: HOJO vs. Paradise Pier?

Quote Originally Posted by KaperKate View Post
    Not sure about the pool hopping - there seems to be conflicting info on that (like only if the pool at your chosen hotel is under renovation, perhaps?).

Forget the rumors or speculation from folks that have never stayed on property.

We have been staying at the DLH (really miss the Bungalow's!) for almost 20 years and quite regularly since the purchase (and upgrading and renaming) of the PPH and the building of the GCH.

We have NEVER had an issue with "pool swapping" at any of the three Disney hotels. In fact, when they first opened the "Resort", they promoted the fact!

During a recent stay, we enjoyed both the PPH and the DLH pools a few times.

Enjoy!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Supermatt70 View Post
    OK...so now I have some questions too!! I also have a better deal at PP than at HoJo and I'm thinking of taking it, but...not sure how far it is from the parks...I keep reading on other sites (Disneyland.com) that it has a private entrance into DCA, but that's not right is it? GC has a private entrance. Also, are you sure about using the other pools?

The "private entrance" from the PPH into DCA was closed when they started the construction of the new wing of the GCH. It was essentially a gate near the hedges of the parking area of the GCH. You crossed the street, walked thru the garden area and up to the gate. We miss it...

These days, you can utilize the GCH entrance to DCA while staying at the PPH. During early morning hours, just show the CM your PPH room key. After mid-mornings, anyone can use the GCH entrance into DCA (and actually, they rarely enforce that rule anyway...).

It is not a problem just to walk from the PPH to the Monorail station entrance for Disneyland. 5 to 7 minutes tops. I've never measured it (I'm sure some folks have! LOL), but I would say that it is a shorter walk than from the hojo's to the main gate. Or maybe about the same. Does it really make adifference???

Yes. I am sure that we have "pool swapped" multiple times during our stays... They were not just dreams!

Enjoy!

i always felt the distance from the Hojo was longer. Not only that but you have to walk through a heavy traffic sidewalk and then cross the very busy Harbor blvd. If staying at the Paradise Pier the walkways are nice green landscaped areas with only one minor crosswalk between the hotel and the Disneyland hotel property if heading towards the monorail at DTD. if heading to the GCH entrance all you do is cross the street and go right on the GCH property. Less traffic and you do not have to deal with the hundreds of guests that walk through Harbor and the bus/tram loading area.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by love♥dca View Post
    IF i were you i woudl stay with the hojo! th disney view room at Hojo is cool! plus you can see the fireworks even from the spa... please read my review above as i was just there recently!!

Plus!! For those that have kids, they have this killer pool area just for kids! Complete with a water slide! And a tiny pool for the little ones that canít swim yet! For adults they have a separate spa and pool! The grounds of the hotel were very clean and very well maintained!
    shutup!!!!!

• Hukuna Matata!

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandteen View Post
    shutup!!!!!
    Your Joking right?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    Your Joking right?
    yes i am

• Banned User

shutup!!!!!

excuse me!!????

that is just plain rude....

• Banned User

DLH and the other resort hotels were Waaaaaay expesnive. plus the hojo was willing to give me a great deal and they treated me very nice and i was very very pleased with my stay. so having to walk across a busy street on a cross walk just to stay at a nice, respectable hotel is nothing! heck it's only 8 min walk...

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Subtle Mod-like Note:

Let's take the phrase, "Shutup!!!" as meaning, "You are kidding me!!!" and continue with the topic.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

ó Ernest Thompson Seton

• Banned User

i think that the poster had her vacation already and i don't know why we are still going on about witch hotel is better.. we all think that one hotel or another is better then the next, and i don't know why we can't leave it at that!

• no flash photography...

The disney hotels are niceer than hojo's and hojo's is nicer than some of the other hotels on harbor. However, there are quite a few hotels which are way nicer than the disney hotels on harbor as well.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    Hearing some great things about the HOJO, but the most important thing I need to know is...do they allow small pets?

i think they do. you might want to call and ask!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    Hearing some great things about the HOJO, but the most important thing I need to know is...do they allow small pets?

here is some info for you!!

here is the numbers and e-mail for them:
    Phone:
    714-776-6120
    Fax:
    714-533-3578
    E-Mail:
    [email protected]

here is the website:
    Hotel Rooms#

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by love♥dca View Post
    i think that the poster had her vacation already and i don't know why we are still going on about witch hotel is better.. we all think that one hotel or another is better then the next, and i don't know why we can't leave it at that!
    im not a girl

im not a girl
    I think she was talking about me - the original poster - and I am a girl (correctly deduced from KaperKATE).

Can we cut the snarkiness and keep it on topic? We're all just trying to help each other out.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast