Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Hukuna Matata!

Re: HOJO vs. Paradise Pier?

Quote Originally Posted by love♥dca View Post
    DLH and the other resort hotels were Waaaaaay expesnive. plus the hojo was willing to give me a great deal and they treated me very nice and i was very very pleased with my stay. so having to walk across a busy street on a cross walk just to stay at a nice, respectable hotel is nothing! heck it's only 8 min walk...
    You are right there the Disney Hotels are very expensive in this case though I believe that the OP was getting a special discount for tickets plus the hotel, and anyone who has stayed in a Disney Hotel knows for an additional 50 dollars and you are getting multiple days in the hotel, it would be crazy not to take advantage of that deal. The Hojo is a wonderful Place, Yet it is not a Disney Property so when you get a deal so grand you have to jump on it. I am looking forward to my Hojo room facing the pool area for the Gumball Rally.

We will be staying at the HoJo in May... we are booked in a standard room which will be fine as we do not spend a lot of time in the hotel. But I'm concerned about the Hwy noice. If we up grade which building is best.

Thanks

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    You are right there the Disney Hotels are very expensive in this case though I believe that the OP was getting a special discount for tickets plus the hotel, and anyone who has stayed in a Disney Hotel knows for an additional 50 dollars and you are getting multiple days in the hotel, it would be crazy not to take advantage of that deal. The Hojo is a wonderful Place, Yet it is not a Disney Property so when you get a deal so grand you have to jump on it. I am looking forward to my Hojo room facing the pool area for the Gumball Rally.

that is true..you get the hotel and ticket discount.. but for someone with an AP that kind of discount doesn't matter,,so then we would just need a hotel.. and that is when the HOJo comes in!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rlanting View Post
    We will be staying at the HoJo in May... we are booked in a standard room which will be fine as we do not spend a lot of time in the hotel. But I'm concerned about the Hwy noice. If we up grade which building is best.

Thanks

I've stayed on the highway side closest to I-5 and haven't had a noise problem. I know others have had a problem, but personally I don't think it's an issue.

The building that is on the highway is Building 2 I believe. That is the one to avoid more than the others.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Highway noise isn't too bad, and I'm a light sleeper. I think it was building 1 though, ugh, I'm not sure.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Embrace the kitsch!

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Highway noise isn't too bad, and I'm a light sleeper. I think it was building 1 though, ugh, I'm not sure.
    I think it has mostly to do with how much noise you're accustomed to at night. I live out in the middle of nowhere, so I'm used to dead quiet and the noise from I-5 kept me awake. YMMV.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    I think it has mostly to do with how much noise you're accustomed to at night. I live out in the middle of nowhere, so I'm used to dead quiet and the noise from I-5 kept me awake. YMMV.

What building were you in?? and did you face I-5 ?? We dod live in a quiet street.

• Embrace the kitsch!

Quote Originally Posted by rlanting View Post
    What building were you in?? and did you face I-5 ?? We dod live in a quiet street.
    That was my one and only stay there, so I don't know enough to say which building I was in. Yes, my room faced I-5. A little awkward, actually. I walked out onto my balcony and found out how a billboard must feel.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345