Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 61 to 68 of 68
  1. #61

    • Hukuna Matata!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Phoenix Arizona
    Posts
    3,789

    Re: HOJO vs. Paradise Pier?

    Quote Originally Posted by love♥dca View Post
    DLH and the other resort hotels were Waaaaaay expesnive. plus the hojo was willing to give me a great deal and they treated me very nice and i was very very pleased with my stay. so having to walk across a busy street on a cross walk just to stay at a nice, respectable hotel is nothing! heck it's only 8 min walk...
    You are right there the Disney Hotels are very expensive in this case though I believe that the OP was getting a special discount for tickets plus the hotel, and anyone who has stayed in a Disney Hotel knows for an additional 50 dollars and you are getting multiple days in the hotel, it would be crazy not to take advantage of that deal. The Hojo is a wonderful Place, Yet it is not a Disney Property so when you get a deal so grand you have to jump on it. I am looking forward to my Hojo room facing the pool area for the Gumball Rally.

  2. #62

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Roy, Utah
    Posts
    16

    Re: HOJO vs. Paradise Pier?

    We will be staying at the HoJo in May... we are booked in a standard room which will be fine as we do not spend a lot of time in the hotel. But I'm concerned about the Hwy noice. If we up grade which building is best.

    Thanks

  3. #63

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    754

    Re: HOJO vs. Paradise Pier?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    You are right there the Disney Hotels are very expensive in this case though I believe that the OP was getting a special discount for tickets plus the hotel, and anyone who has stayed in a Disney Hotel knows for an additional 50 dollars and you are getting multiple days in the hotel, it would be crazy not to take advantage of that deal. The Hojo is a wonderful Place, Yet it is not a Disney Property so when you get a deal so grand you have to jump on it. I am looking forward to my Hojo room facing the pool area for the Gumball Rally.

    that is true..you get the hotel and ticket discount.. but for someone with an AP that kind of discount doesn't matter,,so then we would just need a hotel.. and that is when the HOJo comes in!!

  4. #64

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: HOJO vs. Paradise Pier?

    Quote Originally Posted by rlanting View Post
    We will be staying at the HoJo in May... we are booked in a standard room which will be fine as we do not spend a lot of time in the hotel. But I'm concerned about the Hwy noice. If we up grade which building is best.

    Thanks

    I've stayed on the highway side closest to I-5 and haven't had a noise problem. I know others have had a problem, but personally I don't think it's an issue.

    The building that is on the highway is Building 2 I believe. That is the one to avoid more than the others.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  5. #65

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Now a WDW Local!
    Posts
    20,520
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: HOJO vs. Paradise Pier?

    Highway noise isn't too bad, and I'm a light sleeper. I think it was building 1 though, ugh, I'm not sure.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





  6. #66

    • Embrace the kitsch!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    1,040

    Re: HOJO vs. Paradise Pier?

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Highway noise isn't too bad, and I'm a light sleeper. I think it was building 1 though, ugh, I'm not sure.
    I think it has mostly to do with how much noise you're accustomed to at night. I live out in the middle of nowhere, so I'm used to dead quiet and the noise from I-5 kept me awake. YMMV.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

  7. #67

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Roy, Utah
    Posts
    16

    Re: HOJO vs. Paradise Pier?

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    I think it has mostly to do with how much noise you're accustomed to at night. I live out in the middle of nowhere, so I'm used to dead quiet and the noise from I-5 kept me awake. YMMV.

    What building were you in?? and did you face I-5 ?? We dod live in a quiet street.

  8. #68

    • Embrace the kitsch!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    1,040

    Re: HOJO vs. Paradise Pier?

    Quote Originally Posted by rlanting View Post
    What building were you in?? and did you face I-5 ?? We dod live in a quiet street.
    That was my one and only stay there, so I don't know enough to say which building I was in. Yes, my room faced I-5. A little awkward, actually. I walked out onto my balcony and found out how a billboard must feel.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Where is the pier in Paradise Pier?
    By Mojave in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 08-25-2009, 05:50 PM
  2. [Idea] Paradise Pier Hotel & Paradise Cove
    By Alpoe001 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 08:16 PM
  3. [Other] Paradise Pier? Not Really...
    By Walt's Ghost in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-18-2009, 09:43 PM
  4. [Question] Paradise pier new or old?
    By disneygeek@sc in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 04:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •