Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Question HOJO vs. Paradise Pier?

This is my first time posting, but I have been reading and learning a lot - thank you!

I am having a hard time making a decision and I thought I could get an opinion from some experienced Disney-goers. I will be visiting Disneyland with my two 6-year-old twin daughters in mid-June. I have a reservation at the HOJO already for a premium disney view room. I had been debating between HOJO and Candy Cane, which would have been a little bit cheaper, but the kiddie pool won me over (and the possibility for a fireworks view from the hotel room, as I will be there by myself and don't want to navigate those crowds with the girls that late). Although that free breakfast option and shuttle haunts me :-)

I then looked at some of the new special offers available at the Disney hotels. There's an offer for the Paradise Pier that would be just about $50 more (factoring taxes and park hopper tickets into both deals). Any thoughts on Paradise Pier vs. HOJO given those deals?

• Hukuna Matata!

Re: HOJO vs. Paradise Pier?

How many nights are you staying? I have stayed at all three. Paradise pier is wonderful if you intend on spending most of your time in your room, its a lovely experience and has a great view of paradise pier although the construction may be an eyesore, but at night it is very beautiful. The hojo is great after a long day you can sit out on your patio and watch the fireworks and then just go inside into your room, plus if you leave your blinds open you have a great disney view all night long. I would not stay at the candycane either Hojo or Paradise pier.

Thanks so much for replying. We're staying for 5 nights, and will probably get a 5 for 3 park hopper either way, so that should leave us with the option to return to either hotel midday for some down time.

• Banned User

Cool Re: HOJO vs. Paradise Pier?

Let me tell you about my experience at the hojo!

In one word I describe it asósparkling! Seriously! I was blown away with how clean and radiant my room was. The art work and the wallpaper were not in anyway dull. The room itself was bright and airy, had a nice balcony (I think they all do) so I could open the door and hear the sounds of Disneyland! I literally sat out on my balcony, watched people walk by that were checking in to the hotel at 3 pm in the afternoon, sat with a glass of wine and listened to the monorail horn and the bell of the train! It was soo delightful and pleasing! That was a Saturday afternoon, after that I left my room and did the 8 min walk that it took to Disneyland.

Putted around on the park till dark and walked back. I was fortunate enough to be able to relax in the spa and watch the fireworks, and the view was great!!! The beds in the room were gratifying! Nice and soft with pillow tops! When it came time to check out the next day I seriously didnít want to leave! I had the best time ever at that hotel even though it was for one night! A

nd they donít charge for parking either!! So if you are on a budget, then I would go with HOJO, at least you will get your $ís worth!! They also have lots of discounts, entertainment book discount, triple AAA discount, AP holder discount etc. but make sure you call and ask! Either way you wonít be spending an arm and a leg for a hotel room!
    Last edited by love♥dca; 04-05-2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: change in font size

• Banned User

the only draw back on the hojo --and it's not a big deal really..but it didn't have a buffet breakfast..

• Hukuna Matata!

So you will be spending around 50 dollars per night more if you stay at the Paradise pier hotel

No, $50 more in total. When I compare what I'll pay for room and tax for HOJO vs. the package for PP, it's a $50 difference. That's what's making me think. It's a standard room at the PP (and a premium room w/ disney view at the HOJO), so we wouldn't have the fireworks view from PP, and I think the pool at the HOJO may be more up my daughters' alley (they're 6). But the price difference is so small that it's really made me ponder the change. I'm getting the mousesavers rate at HOJO, which I think is same as the miceclub discount.

• RCMC: Java Junkie

I would go with Paradise Pier since it's only a $50.00 difference total. Then you could experience a Disney hotel at least once. But then again I've always wanted to stay on property just to be able to experience it once.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by KaperKate View Post
    No, $50 more in total. When I compare what I'll pay for room and tax for HOJO vs. the package for PP, it's a $50 difference. That's what's making me think. It's a standard room at the PP (and a premium room w/ disney view at the HOJO), so we wouldn't have the fireworks view from PP, and I think the pool at the HOJO may be more up my daughters' alley (they're 6). But the price difference is so small that it's really made me ponder the change. I'm getting the mousesavers rate at HOJO, which I think is same as the miceclub discount.

IF i were you i woudl stay with the hojo! plus you can see the fireworks even from the spa... please read my review above as i was just there recently!!

Plus!! For those that have kids, they have this killer pool area just for kids! Complete with a water slide! And a tiny pool for the little ones that canít swim yet! For adults they have a separate spa and pool! The grounds of the hotel were very clean and very well maintained!
    Last edited by love♥dca; 04-05-2010 at 04:23 PM.

• Banned User

My rate was…$92 for the room for one night. Standard double queen beds.. but with my AP rate I got it for $75, plus tax and it came out to a whopping $83 dollars.. still is not a bad deal!
    It just goes to show that Hojo has the better deals!! I was like you and wantd to stay at the PP and they wanted soo much for the room, resort tax and fee etc.. I was like no thanks!

• Hukuna Matata!

Quote Originally Posted by KaperKate View Post
    Man I truely love the hojo and have stayed there more than half a dozen times, but for 50 dollars more I would stay go to the paradise pier hotel, I hate to send work away from the hojo because I love the place and everyone there, but really I would choose the Paradise pier, especially for that long of a trip, You get a magical feeling there, next time go to the hojo.
    Last edited by Joshnyah; 03-24-2010 at 03:58 PM.

• RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    Man I truely love the hojo and have stayed there more than half a dozen times, but for 50 dollars more I would stay go with the paradise pier hotel, I hate to send work to the hojo because I love the place and everyone there but really I would choose the Paradise pier, especially for that long of a trip, You get a magical feeling there, next time go to the hojo.

Definitely gotta agree with Josh on this one.....go experience Paradise Pier.

• Banned User

Smile Re: HOJO vs. Paradise Pier?

But you got to be agreeable! If she/he is on a budget with her/his family then the hojo is the way to go!!

• Banned User

Smile Re: HOJO vs. Paradise Pier?

Either way you look at the pasture, $50 dollars is $50 dollars and once you spend it you canít really get it back! instead he/she can pocket the $50 and spend it on the kids or at a nice breakfast at mimi's cafe

$50 isn't a huge deal, it's the experience that I'm interested in.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast