Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: if you are looking to stay at the HOJO...

Quote Originally Posted by love♥dca View Post
    yes..free internet at the hojo!
    Well maybe there was something (else) wrong with our room but the internet was totally unusable for us. We couldn't get our mail, send our Ridemax itineraries to our phones, post a pic on facebook, nothing. Our coffee maker was also broken the first two days we were there (even though we called the first day). The fridge did not work correctly. If the milk was away from the freezer compartment, it got warm. So the next night I put it underneath the freezer compartment and the milk froze instead. The staff also forgot three other basic requests (3 keycards instead of 2, yes, I wrote it on the checkin sheet, the rollaway bed, and the town car that I called to arrange for airport pick up and drop off. They got the pick up, totally spaced off the airport dropoff.).

The hotel WAS sparkling. The pool area WAS fantastic for my 4 and 6 year olds. The Disney View room for fireworks was definitely enjoyable (but not completely free of tree branches). And at ENT rates, we may someday go back there.

But it is a long walk at the end of the day. I live in the Bay area, so I'm not unused to walking, but I'm not a power walker (and especially not with a 4 and 6 year old) and it is closer to 15 minutes than 10.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    far away? it's closer to the gate then Katella is... I call bunkus on that one.
    X2. Hojos is closer than the structure.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by gethane View Post
    Well maybe there was something (else) wrong with our room but the internet was totally unusable for us. We couldn't get our mail, send our Ridemax itineraries to our phones, post a pic on facebook, nothing.
    Hmmmm so I got as far as the part about the internetÖ. But I just wanted to ask.. why didnít you go and try and use the free internet they also had in the lobby? Or tell the front desk management that the free internet in room was not working? Just curious....

• Banned User

how long ago did you go?

when i was there they had these kickin new coffee makers .. by keurig...

• Hukuna Matata!

how long ago did you go?

when i was there they had these kickin new coffee makers .. by keurig...
    Who are you the FBI? Neah Im just kiddin, that was an old memory of my childhood, in high school me and my friends used to hang out outside our class during 3rd period after our work was done, a guy walked up and asked how come we werent in our class and my friend sayed "Who are you the FBI" it turns out the guy was our new principal, Yikes... We never got in trouble but now that always pops into my head " Who are you the FBI?

Hmmmm so I got as far as the part about the internetÖ. But I just wanted to ask.. why didnít you go and try and use the free internet they also had in the lobby? Or tell the front desk management that the free internet in room was not working? Just curious....

Frankly, because by this time we were certain it was just "the way it was." It was less than a month ago, and it was our Keurig machine that didn't work.

I really wanted to like HoJo's. And my little kids LOVED it. But my husband and teen were much less enthralled. I was undecided and could tip either way on a thumbs up or thumbs down until taking my 15 year old down at 6:45 to catch the town car I'd arranged (through HoJo) to the airport and it didn't show up. The front desk person WAS very helpful and got us a car there lickety split, but still, all these little "mistakes" added up to a thumbs down for me. (Unless all of your stay is at the ENT rate anyway, then its a steal if you have little kids who will enjoy the pool area).

I think I'm being very balanced in my point of view and I'm sorry to disappoint some of the HoJo lovers . I wanted to love it too. I just didn't.

• Pilot EdForceOne

15min walk?

It's .42 miles from the Hojo Front building to the security tents. Which is basically like walking from the front gates to its a small world.

It's .96 miles from the Marriott/Hilton Convention Center hotels to the security tents.

I can understand at the end of the day some people just wanting to put their feet up.. but that's why there are buses if one chooses to ride A half-mile walk is nothing.

Hope you don't ever decide to goto WDW... you'd die from the walks A half mile just gets you to the START of World Showcase in EPCOT from the front gates... and it's almost 3/4 of a mile just to walk in front of the countries in World Showcase.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

I understand people feel a certain loyalty to HoJo, especially here, but please do not disparage my experiences. I HAVE been to WDW. Both Disneyland and WDW do take a lot of walking. But the fact remains it took us closer to 15 minutes with a 4 and 6 year old, than to 10. And as I said, we live in the Bay area and do plenty of walking on a daily basis. Up hills even.

As I said, there were several great things about HoJo, but the totality of my experience did not balance out to the thumbs up. If this is only a "praise HoJo or else" board, then please, just delete my posts.

• Banned User

well everyone has there opinion.. mine is good about hojo, i never had a bad experience

how do i get the MICECHAT discount rate for HOJO ???
    Love meeting new fellow Disney fanatics! Facebook Me: Michael Van Anthony Jr

My hubby & I chose HOJO because it was cheaper (through AAA) than BW Park Place Inn (we stayed there last year - again through AAA). We've heard & read a lot of good reviews about HOJO from this site and other Disney boards and decided to try it - besides the price was more to our liking. I'll have to give a review when we go in July.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by katy621 View Post
    My hubby & I chose HOJO because it was cheaper (through AAA) than BW Park Place Inn (we stayed there last year - again through AAA). We've heard & read a lot of good reviews about HOJO from this site and other Disney boards and decided to try it - besides the price was more to our liking. I'll have to give a review when we go in July.

HEY U GOT 3 MONTHS ! YEAH!!!

yeh totaly give us a review....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYnerd View Post
    how do i get the MICECHAT discount rate for HOJO ???

yeah..i don't know but maybe penguinsoda does..or someone else

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Just call in-house reservations and ask for it. They have AP and Entertainment book rates too.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

how do you get the ENTERTAINMENT rate ?!?!
    Love meeting new fellow Disney fanatics! Facebook Me: Michael Van Anthony Jr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast