Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Sock Puppet

Re: Trying Crowne Plaza Anaheim for the first time

We have stayed at this hotel many times with our 2 children (ages 8 and 10). We often win this hotel on Priceline at a really good price. The resort fee is a pain because we often don't need a car rental, or need to park. When we did, the parking is a real pain at the end of a long day at the park, walking from way out in their lot with children dragging along. That being said, it is a nice hotel with great bedding and is clean. CLEAN is a big one for me. I think you will be pleased.

The last time we stayed, I needed to use their business center to print our boarding passes and the computer left much to be desired but I am not on vacation to be on the internet!

Enjoy! Lucky duck moving to that area!

• "Always On The Move..."

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mickey View Post
    Yeah getting hit with a $500 hold on your debit card funds for 6-10 days after you check in seems pretty darn stiff to me. I've never needed more than $150 for incidentals before.

Lucky for me that I'll be able to work around this but I wouldn't be surprised if this policy has sunk a number of people's vacations immediately upon check-in.
    I had something similar happen in San Diego when I was at Comic Con a few years ago, except the hotel put a hold on my ENTIRE account! So, there I was with no way to buy food, gas home, etc. Even tried to check out immediately and they told me they would still have a hold on my account for over a week. Luckily I had friends who loaned me cash for food and gas to get home. The hotel didn't tell us about the policy until after we had checked in...at that time we tried immediately to leave and they told us that it would still cost us one night and the entire hold. My bank told us that this is actually considered a "legal scam" and to be aware of it when we traveled. Lesson learned and I always ask when I make a room reservation now.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Wow, I had never heard of that before. Does anyone know what the on-site Disney properties' policy is on this?

• Laughing Place Finder

Wow that's unbelievable AlohaStitch. It's hard to believe a hotel could pull off a scam like that. I guess it's a powerful reminder to us all to double-check the incidentals policy before we book. It kind of sucks because I really like the hotels in the Disneyland South area on Hotwire and Priceline.

Quote Originally Posted by KaperKate View Post
    Wow, I had never heard of that before. Does anyone know what the on-site Disney properties' policy is on this?
    As far as the incidentals policy at the on property hotels at DL, I know that as of last April having a credit card or debit card was optional at the DLH. I used a debit card at that time and they made the customary $100 authorization hold which is standard for most of the hotels I use. I used a debit card for incidentals at GCH last September and it was the same deal with the $100 incidentals authorization hold. I would definitely advise calling the front desk and verifying what their current policy is though.

Cheers and please let us know what you learn.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

• Ready for takeoff

We have stayed there three times and had a great experience all three times.

We just booked out hotel through Priceline (Name Your Own Price) and got the Doubletree in Orange. I have heard good things about the Doubletree, but was disappointed I did not get the Crowne again.

It has always been a clean hotel and the beds are SO comfortable!

• Laughing Place Finder

Quote Originally Posted by FolsomFan View Post
    We have stayed there three times and had a great experience all three times.

We just booked out hotel through Priceline (Name Your Own Price) and got the Doubletree in Orange. I have heard good things about the Doubletree, but was disappointed I did not get the Crowne again.

It has always been a clean hotel and the beds are SO comfortable!
    Thanks. I'm looking forward to the comfy beds. I just wish the incidentals policy wasn't so punitive.

I've stayed at Doubletree Hotels many times in my travels. They are very nice and I'm sure you'll find their beds every bit as comfy as the ones at Crowne Plaza.

If you haven't signed up for their rewards program yet, you should do that before your trip. Even when I book Doubletree through an aggragator like Expedia or a bidding site like Priceline I still get a warm cookie and a welcome bag with a bottle of water and usually a few other goodies when I show my Hilton HHonors card on check in.

Cheers and have a great trip!
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

I just checked in an hour ago and they only put 100.00 hold on my card. It wasn't per night.

• Laughing Place Finder

Thumbs up Re: Trying Crowne Plaza Anaheim for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I just checked in an hour ago and they only put 100.00 hold on my card. It wasn't per night.
    I just got back from the vacation last night and wanted to share my pleasant surprise about the incidentals policy. I'm glad you had the same experience Tea!

My card only had a $100 authorization hold through the whole five day trip so I didn't get the $500 ding that they told me I'd be getting. You have to love pleasant surprises. I didn't really ask whether they had changed their incidentals policy or maybe it was just a mistake. Jimmy-crack-corn-and-I-don't-care. LOL

I had a great experience with this hotel all five nights that we stayed there. Clean, pleasant rooms. Comfy beds. Very full, fluffy pillows. Awesome thick bathroom towels. Friendly staff.

I was happily surprised to be assigned a room in the quiet zone on the 8th floor out of 9 floors total. This room came with a fridge so I was able to go across the street to Target and stock up on sodas and breakfast milk. To get those goodies at no extra charge without even asking while coming in on a Hotwire Booking was a VERY nice surprise!

Crowne Plaza had a very convenient Disney park shuttle which usually either had no other hotel stops or else it stopped next door at the Homewood Suites first which is only 100 yards away from the Crowne Plaza shuttle stop.

I will agree that the walk from the Crowne Plaza shuttle drop-off to the park gates is longer than what would be ideal. It feels like it's about twice the distance as walking from the parking structure tram. At the end of the day when your feet feel like raw hamburger it feels pretty painful but objectively it's really not that bad. And on the other hand it's closer than walking from any of the places across the street on Harbor.

So my final assessment is that we had a great time. I'd have no problem at all staying there again and I'd have no problem using Hotwire or Priceline to book a 3.5 star hotel in the Disneyland South area. Thanks Crowne Plaza!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12