Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Motel 6 or park vue

i was wondering witch one is the better of the two

• Disneymom

Re: Motel 6 or park vue

I haven't stayed at either one. I have stayed at the Super 8 on Disneyland dr. and Eden Roc also on Disneyland drive but other end. We loved them both.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I've never stayed at the Motel 6, but I have stayed at the Park Vue once. It was very nice. Average rooms but clean and a nice continental breakfast. The breakfast room is on the second floor and there is a very nice patio area you can eat at if the weather is nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. And you can't get much closer to the park. Its right across the street. The only reason I haven't stayed there again is because I've found other places not that far away for a lot cheaper. Its hard to find a room there anymore for less than $120 a night, and thats beyond my personal budget, considering how little time I'm actually in the room.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Just waking up

Use Priceline, go to the Priceline Forum and learn how to use it you will be happy you learned, you can save so much money and stay a good 3* Hotel for a very good price.

• I'm not really here

I have stayed at both. Avoid the Motel 6. The walk is quite a bit longer than it might look, especially after a day at the parks, and it only gets longer the more days you are there. The staff was pleasant, but not as friendly as the Park Vue staff was. The Motel 6 water main broke while we were there and rather than tell me that and apologize, they made up some story about it being diverted by the fire department. Obviously bogus since I could see an 80 foot fountain of water out our room window.

The Park Vue is as close as you can get to the gate of the parks. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff friendly and honest. They have an excellent breakfast on a beautiful patio from which you can see the Matterhorn and Space Mountain. Park Vue = 2 thumbs up.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

The Motel 6 is horrible! my ex-boyfriend and I stayed there in October and we got what we paid for! bright orange walls, stained blankets on the bed, and they have the weirdest bathroom. Needless to say I tried it again in Februrary when I was looking for an apartment down here. It was yet another horrible experience. There was noisy people next door to us playing video games really loud all night that we eventually hit the wall and scared them. There was also a drunk guy that could not find his hotel room numerous times. Oh and the first time my ex and I stayed there we were walking back from DL and this security officer stopped us and asked if we had seen a girl walking around naked. We were like umm... no, and as we walked up the stairs to our room she passed us going the other way. Pretty strange but I guess that is the motel 6 for you!

We stayed there a few years ago. The rooms are spacious. We had one of their rooms with a kitchen, but on the 2nd to the last day I woke up and when I went into the kitchen, there was a huge roach, I screamed and quickly put a cup over it and immediately called the front desk. They sent someone from housekeeping who came in and took care of it. The problem was that they never acknowledged that it was a roach, they told my husband and I that is was just a palm bug. I saw it, it was a roach. We left the next day, but I had a really hard time sleeping that night.

Thank you for posting this information. We had booked at Motel 6 for our visit this summer but were starting to find our rate over a holiday weekend to be too good to be true. After reading these reviews we have cancelled and booked with Alpine Inn (where we stayed last summer). I'd rather spend a little extra and be happy and comfortable then miserable! kudos!

• Laughing Place Finder

Glad you found some informative first-hand accounts for your planning.

I'll just chip in my two cents and agree with the person that advised you to try Priceline. I've booked five different 3.5 star hotels near Disneyland through Priceline and Hotwire. I've never had a negative experience and I've never paid more than $70 per night.

Cheers and have a great trip!
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

• Greetings, Program!

I have but two words about staying at a Motel 6 in the Anaheim area.

Never again.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

Sad Re: Motel 6 or park vue

Just stayed at Motel 6 three weeks ago, never again. Price was great, $50 (+ taxes) a night, but that was all! Pergo flooring, 3 white walls & 1 painted orange, no pictures on the walls but a flat screen t.v., no clock/radio, no furniture but the bed, nights stands built into the wall and a small table, no blowdryer, no locking bathroom doors (more like uneven closet doors extremely hard to get to close without waking everyone up in the room in the middle of the night!). I think Motel 6 was designed for people traveling late a night, needing a place to sleep and getting up early to continue on. The room did not have an "inviting feel" to it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksRichard View Post
    Thank you for posting this information. We had booked at Motel 6 for our visit this summer but were starting to find our rate over a holiday weekend to be too good to be true. After reading these reviews we have cancelled and booked with Alpine Inn (where we stayed last summer). I'd rather spend a little extra and be happy and comfortable then miserable! kudos!
    Funny thing is I was debating between the Alpine Inn and Motel 6 but now that I am hearing everyones reports I will just book the Alpine Inn instead.Besides I stayed there when they had just remodeled and it was nice.Also the walk from the Alpine Inn to the DLR and Gardenwalk is less than a mile.

• AP holder 400 miles away

well i'd say the travelodge on ball. i had a good experience when i stayed that in Dec and im will be going again in the middle of aug for 5 nights and even though i got their big "family" room (has 3 beds and some other stuff over a reg room) it was only $90. and thats pretty darn good if u ask me for the middle of aug for a room that sleeps that many

Quote Originally Posted by berniel View Post
    Just stayed at Motel 6 three weeks ago, never again. Price was great, $50 (+ taxes) a night, but that was all! Pergo flooring, 3 white walls & 1 painted orange, no pictures on the walls but a flat screen t.v., no clock/radio, no furniture but the bed, nights stands built into the wall and a small table, no blowdryer, no locking bathroom doors (more like uneven closet doors extremely hard to get to close without waking everyone up in the room in the middle of the night!). I think Motel 6 was designed for people traveling late a night, needing a place to sleep and getting up early to continue on. The room did not have an "inviting feel" to it at all.
    You wont find alarm clocks, hair dryers etc at Motel 6, they are literally a no frills chain providing nothing more then a basic place to sleep and shower.

I love the Park Vue Inn! I agree with everyones comments about it so far. It's so close to the park you can go back and forth a few times in a day without wasting anytime. You get a free breakfast and snack for dinner when you stay there. Combined with the mini-fridge and microwave in the room you can save big on your food costs... thus making the higher room rates balance out

Never stayed at the Motel 6 but sounds like other people don't like it so much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast