Hojo Or Disneyland Hotel Is It Worth The Extra$$

Our family has been to Disneyland six times in the last 5 years. We have always stayed off site. We currently have ressies for Hojo June 18-24(havent been there since I was a kid over 25 years ago). We saw that Disneyland Hotel has the "summer room sale" and we could get the room for 1428.00 for six nights all taxes, fees included. The Hojo is 750.00 for the same. Anyone that has been to both, is it worth the almost double price to stay onsite? It seems like a good deal for the Dland hotel, money not being the deciding issue, it would be wether or not we would get more out of our stay. We do go back and swim usually every day so the pool looks inviting at th Dland Hotel! Any input is appreciated!

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Hojo Or Disneyland Hotel Is It Worth The Extra$$

Nice pool at Disneyland hotel.
    I think once in your life time you should do the Disneyland hotel.
    Just remember there is construction going on.
    If plan to do character breakfast at Goofy's or Storyteller
    it would have you closer.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Hukuna Matata!

Me personally I would stay At the Hojo for a savings of half, I would also look into the Paradise Pier hotel, it has a great Disney feeling to it and it should be alot cheaper than the Disney Hotel, One women on here could get a room at the paradise pier hotel for 50 dollars more for the whole trip. But if 700 is not a big deal then it might be worth the money to you.

• I love Pooh Bear

I would say HOJO I love love their rooms and kiddie pool the extra money you save can be used at the different dinning areas!!!

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

The DL hotel imho is incredibly overpriced with the place torn up and all the construction noise. Nevermind the re-location of the now extremely LAME e-ticket lounge (concierge level room). The DLHotel should be the least expensive of the property hotels until the refurb noise/unsightliness is gone.

Go HoJo and spend the extra money on impulse buys!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

I've stayed at both, and would stay at Hojo's. We were there for our first trip, and the Disneyland Hotel was so disappointing, that we would press our noses against the glass on the monorail in sadness when we passed Hojo's. It was also way more convenient; easier to get in and out of the park (HUGE selling point for us), and we could watch the fireworks in bed! A big part of the disappointment was the price; the Disneyland Hotel 'experience' is only worth what you pay for Hojo's.

• Disney Fan & Musician

Never stayed at the HoJo, but the DL hotel isn't worth the price. The Grand Californian is amazing though.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    The DL hotel imho is incredibly overpriced with the place torn up and all the construction noise. Nevermind the re-location of the now extremely LAME e-ticket lounge (concierge level room). The DLHotel should be the least expensive of the property hotels until the refurb noise/unsightliness is gone.

I am just wondering...I have a conceirge level room booked in December at that point I believe the dreams tower will be completely remodeled and the conceirge lounge will be back in its normal place on the 11th floor. Now I am just wondering if we will be affected by noise and unsightliness.
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    Love that line "spend the extra money on impulse buys", totally agree with that one!

I had the same dilemma for our trip which is the week before yours (June 12-17). We are only going for 5 days, so the "5 for 3" offer Disney is having made it so that the hotel portion would have been about $44 more for the whole 5 days at PPH, and $224 more for DLH. I think the key was the fact that our stay was 5 days - it made the math work out well for Disney. I should mention that includes taxes, resort fees, etc. - so I'm comparing apples to apples.

In your situation, where it is going to be double to go to DLH, that's a lot. I probably would have decided to stick with my HOJO reservation if that were the case, or PPH to keep it still affordable. I have never been to HOJO, but it gets a lot of good press and I think my daughters would really enjoy it as well. Next time it will be at the top of my list, but since it's not a huge difference in our case, we went with the Disney property for a "once in a lifetime" experience.