Recommendation within walking distance? (no kids)

Hi!

I'm hoping to find a decent hotel within walking distance (under 20 minute walk for adults with no kids) of the parks. I've been reading reviews and its a bit overwhelming! I don't need luxury--just a clean room with hot water and parking. Ideally it would be on the cheap side (under $80). Anybody had some great luck out there?

THANKS!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Recommendation within walking distance? (no kids)

Hojo's is always a good pick... but the rooms are not always under $80. I've stayed at the Quality Inn on Manchester several times. Its close to the freeway so you will hear traffic, and its older and the rooms are small but its clean and the staff has always been wonderful. They have a pretty decent contential breakfast with do it yourself waffles. Parking is technically free but they charge a $3.15 a day "resort fee."

Using Kayak I've gotten rooms there for around $40 a night depending on the time of day.

I've also stayed at the Anaheim Plaza on Harbor, and while it too is an older place the rooms are very large and comfortable and the staff is friendly. They charge I think $4 a day for parking but have no breakfast.

If you do a search of Quality Inn in this forum somewhere there is a review I did with pictures.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

We are staying at the HOJO for the third time in 12 months on May 2 I can't wait, and we got the room at the entertainment rate, $59 a night.

I like that they have the free parking too, I think at the $12 or $15 a night other hotels charge it being free makes it that much better of a value.

Oh, my first two trips there were with my husband, this time I am going with my mom. No kids, ever

Whoah! How the heck do you score an "entertainment" rate??? I have never seen HoJo with rates less than $120, and I've checked for many different times of the year! I'm planning to go during the first week of May, and I didn't see anything near that low!

Thanks all for the suggestions so far...I was looking at the Anaheim Plaza last night.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kristine30 View Post
    We are staying at the HOJO for the third time in 12 months on May 2 I can't wait, and we got the room at the entertainment rate, $59 a night.

I like that they have the free parking too, I think at the $12 or $15 a night other hotels charge it being free makes it that much better of a value.

Oh, my first two trips there were with my husband, this time I am going with my mom. No kids, ever

Thanks! I just found your photos of the Quality Inn! It looks pretty nice actually. I think it may be down to Quality Inn or Anaheim Plaza now...unless I find a deal on HoJo!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Hojo's is always a good pick... but the rooms are not always under $80. I've stayed at the Quality Inn on Manchester several times. Its close to the freeway so you will hear traffic, and its older and the rooms are small but its clean and the staff has always been wonderful. They have a pretty decent contential breakfast with do it yourself waffles. Parking is technically free but they charge a $3.15 a day "resort fee."

Using Kayak I've gotten rooms there for around $40 a night depending on the time of day.

I've also stayed at the Anaheim Plaza on Harbor, and while it too is an older place the rooms are very large and comfortable and the staff is friendly. They charge I think $4 a day for parking but have no breakfast.

If you do a search of Quality Inn in this forum somewhere there is a review I did with pictures.

• Planning my next trip...

Quote Originally Posted by BrerDan View Post
    Whoah! How the heck do you score an "entertainment" rate???
    Go to entertainment.com and order a membership/coupon book for Orange County. I believe they are currently on sale for $15 and free shipping. Once your book and membership card arrive, you can activate your membership and get some pretty good rates for hotels. There are hundreds of other discount opportunities for restaurants, attractions, etc. More than pays for itself!!

My favorite perk is for Priceline.com. They'll discount your bid an additional $10/night.

Wow! I had no idea. I've bought those books in the past, and never really paid attention to anything beyond the restaurant coupons.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SpcMtn77 View Post
    Go to entertainment.com and order a membership/coupon book for Orange County. I believe they are currently on sale for $15 and free shipping. Once your book and membership card arrive, you can activate your membership and get some pretty good rates for hotels. There are hundreds of other discount opportunities for restaurants, attractions, etc. More than pays for itself!!

My favorite perk is for Priceline.com. They'll discount your bid an additional $10/night.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpcMtn77 View Post

WAIT... those rates are good from ANY entertainment book! So get one for your area so you can use it more than just on that one trip
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Yup, what neverneverland said.

We have the vancouver island entertainment book, they said they would honour it.

May 2 to 7, $59 a night

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    WAIT... those rates are good from ANY entertainment book! So get one for your area so you can use it more than just on that one trip
    I had forgot about the entertainment book! Even if you only use it to get the rate at HoJo's it will pay for itself. However, there are only certain days that you can use that rate.

This shows what dates you can use the discount.

HojoAnaheim Innsider Boards • View topic - When is the Entertainment Rate available?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.