San Diego hotels

Does anyone know any good hotels in San Diego? We are going to the zoo and Wild Animal park and would like some recommendations on where to stay.

Re: San Diego hotels

Are you looking to stay in close proximity...or does it matter
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

We've stayed at the Hilton down there before and LOVED it.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• no flash photography...

I don't go very often....20 years ago we stayed at the double tree...then 6 years after that a travel lodge...no complaints on those two...The last two trip I don't remember the hotel names...one was kind of not great and the bedding did not fit the bed. It came off in the middle of the night. It grossed me out to wake up on the bare mattress. The last hotel was nice...it was more in a city area...we got stuck on the smoking floor...which SUCKED, but the hotel itself was nice.

The very last time we stayed with family.

I know...not much help...the last two we used priceline to get.

We have a rental car so the distance is not a big deal. I have OCD so cleanliness is the major concern. I've had the Town and Country, Westgate and Embassy Suites also recommended, any thoughts??? i tried to get the Del but it needs 3 nights and we are only going for 2.

Well...I live in San Diego so I have not stayed in any hotels however my sister in law Anna works at the Old Town Inn and I have heard that they are pretty good...they are always winning awards and such in the hotel industry but I have not stayed there. Sorry...I could not be more help. Just in case you want to call them the number is 619 260 8024
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Just countin' the days til the next visit!

We're up between the Westgate, Pacific terrace, Catamaran, Omni and Hilton. Any positives or negatives?

I would look into the paradise point resort on Mission Bay. I did some work there and it seemed like a great hotel.

www.ParadisePoint.com

We stayed at the Catamaran last summer and really enjoyed it. It has a resort like feel and has a nice beach on Mission Bay. Pacific Beach is right across the street, and there are several restaurants within walking distance.

The Westgate, Omni, and Hilton are also very nice; however, these are more business and convention oriented hotels right in Downtown. I'm not too familiar with Pacific Terrace Hotel, but I know it's got a great location right on Pacific Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by twingirlsmom View Post
    We're up between the Westgate, Pacific terrace, Catamaran, Omni and Hilton. Any positives or negatives?
    Anything downtown will be less family oriented and the Omni downtown although nice is right in the gaslamp and if going over a weekend be prepared to deal with drunks in the area as the gaslamp is the local party district on weekend nights.

If you want a quieter area, try Mission Valley there is a hotel there for every budget for the most part.

Marriott in Mission Valley is pretty nice, as are the Marriotts downtown (Residence Inn, Marriott Gaslamp, Marriott Marina, Court Yard by Marriott <<<< old bank building turned hotel, Marriott Residence Inn Gaslamp.)

Downtown will be noisy at times, so dont expect complete silence and be prepared to pay up to 30-40 per night parking downtown if you have a car, parking downtown at hotels is not cheap.

We really like the The Dana Inn, Mission Bay. Right around the bend from Sea World. We try to request a bay view room. They are a little pricey, but we usually book thru getawaytoday.com and then upgrade the room by calling the hotel direct.

www.thedana.com

• Wishin' On A Star!!!!

Holiday Inn Express Old Town was perfect. Close to Interstate 5 for access to everywhere. Discount I think with Entertainment Card but not certain. Enjoy!
    DisneyBroad54