Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disney Hotels

Re: Disney Hotels

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    Simply put.....WOW!! Thanks for sharing, hope you have a fantastic trip!!
    For sheer amusement purposes, if you google the Price is Right, and look for episode 5191, it aired on Memorial Day, you will find me I was the fourth one called down, the really excitable in the green shirt......and go easy on me with the bids, Canadian pricing is VERY, VERY different from the US!!

If you are ever in LA and looking for something free to do for the day, I highly recommend it. It was a blast.

And we can't wait for our October/November trip

Talking Re: Disney Hotels

Well, I have only been to Disneyland in Anaheim once, and this was for my 13 years birthay. My whole family and I spend the entire week in Disneyland and California adventure. We stayed at Paradise Pier Hotel with amazing view, exellent food and the service was tiptop^^ I loved the style and atmosphere of the place, It was so wearth it!

I really love the atmosphere at all DisneyHotels..I guess its beacause your so close to the park that you can feel it in the air!! magic!

Xoxo, Cam

Quote Originally Posted by Timicus View Post
    ...Some of the minor perks were family themed events. Our favorite was a Pirates of the Caribbean trivia challenge (they give you a list of questions about the ride, you fill in the answers and return it to the hotel)...
    How awesome!!
    Where do you pick these questions up?
    Our grandson will love doing that!

We absolutely feel it's worth the extra money. We've had some pretty bad experiences with the places on Harbor. Infact the only one I'd stay at offsite now is the Tropicana. But we always prefer onsite. You get that great disney service, you always feel like you're in the magic. I much prefer a walk down DTD then a walk down Harbor. I can't say we've ever had a bad stay onsite.

Each year I take several trips to the Disneyland resort. The majority of our trips we have stayed at either the DLH or PP and we have always had a great time. Yes the price is more but we always find it worth it. The rooms are always great. The cast members always do an outstanding job. The pools, gift shops, restaurants and grounds add a ton to the whole experience.

When we didn’t stay on property each time I have been unimpressed with the hotel employees, at times I have questioned the safety of certain hotels (i.e. shifty parking lot or cleaning people leaving your door open all day), and even if they have a “free breakfast” or something like that I’m usually totally unimpressed with that and purchase something in the park anyway. To me the worst part of staying off property is the lack of convenience… Not just because it takes a while to walk back/take a shuttle back but also I feel a little bit of the magic is lost. Walking down harbor blvd or waiting for your shuttle is nothing like walking through Downtown Disney or taking the Monorail back to your room.

• 1 man can make a difernce

My Fiance got us a room at the Grand Californian for my Bday when I was home in May, and it was awesome. Our balcony overlooked the pool and some of DCA. The room was really nice, the bathroom was huge. And they had some cool channels on the tv. They had this one channel called the fireworks channel I think, but it played nothing but DLR music on it. I had it on most of the time, I loved it. Oh and character wake up calls are pretty sweet and magic hours are priceless. We did most of the major rides during our magic hours.
    Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

Quote Originally Posted by Timicus View Post
    Some of the minor perks were family themed events. Our favorite was a Pirates of the Caribbean trivia challenge (they give you a list of questions about the ride, you fill in the answers and return it to the hotel).
    Quote Originally Posted by MeRSiamese View Post
    How awesome!!
    Where do you pick these questions up?
    Our grandson will love doing that!
    Guest services in the main lobby.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

Time is money, you save lots of time but you'll pay some extra money. If it won't put you too far over budget its worth it. Very close to the monorail, and I'm not sure if they updated all the rooms but last year I really liked the older Disney decor of the room, so either old or new room they are nice. We live about an hour away and are staying for 1 night next month. For us its doesn't make sense to stay at a non Disney hotel, its part of the fun of our quick trip, but for 4 nights I can see it might be a harder choice.

Yes, charging everything in the park to your room is nice too (just don't pass out when you get the bill).

I do miss the days that the monorail actually stopped at the Disneyland Hotel, but its only about 150 meters from the hotel now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12