Paradise Pier Reviews

Hi there, We are staying at the Paradise Pier at the end of September (never been there before) and we're just wondering what some of your expieriences have been.

Thanks

Re: Paradise Pier Reviews

We stayed there this past Christmas and it was great! When we arrived (early) our room was not ready but they take your luggage and will text you when your room is available...we are also upgraded to a room with a magnificent view of DCA...absolutely beautiful....service was great rooms were clean...there is really nothing bad that I can say from our experience. We will be staying again this coming December
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

My mom and I stayed there for our first time in may. The hotel was great and we plan to stay there in the future. It was cheaper than the other hotels, but it was still a great experience. The hotel has a beach theme, and is very casual.
    The only thing is that you have to walk to the parks, either through Grand Californian, or through downtown disney

• Future Disney Imagineer

That hotel is fun and has an awesome Lounge room where we stayed most of our time in the hotel. I love the Paradise Pier concept art, and the glass elevator has Great views of the lagoon, as we got sneek peeks of WOC testing back in March.

I love the Paradise Pier Hotel! I definitely recommend it. It's the cheapest hotel that's still on Disney property and still has the Disney magic to it.

As a Disney hotel compared even to the Disneyland hotel pre-present expansion, the Paradise Pier Hotel is a bit below par, or below the standards you may be used to if you have stayed in Disney World or even in any of the other 2 Disney-operated on-site hotels at the Disneyland resort. The paradise pier hotel over looks two parking structures, and the surrounding Anaheim resort, which includes basically amazing views of Paradise Pier, the land, at California Adventure park which means good WOC views if you are lucky to pay the right amount of money.
    Paradise Pier hotel is, if it wasn't on a Disney property, a low four star, or three and a half stars. For a cheap rates and good rooms the hotel does fine. The hotel has roomy rooms with great bathrooms as all DIsney hotels do and the Disney hospitatality is great 2. What i dont like is the distance. The lobby isn't tasteful neither are the restaurants which are okay but the entire ground floor looks like a buiness hotel. If you aren't in for a long or even more than one night vacation, the lobby is fine and relatively efficient. The main problem is that Paradise Pier Hotel is very far away from the parks, longer than the much cheaper hotels across Harbor. It takes a long time to walk down the street through the grand california hotel or thorugh Downtown Disney which is the same distance, to the esplanade. For kids this isn't a great deal, the walking can tire you out before you even enter the park. If you have children or dislike walking a lot, then don't choose the hotel. The walk isn't terrible for me it was pleasent but on some days DOwntown Disney can be crowded and tiring to some people so just use your best judgement. The hotel is a bit pricey sometimes but a good deal, the views are amazing at night and even in the daytime, and the pool is okay. The pool is on the 'roof top' and is great for getting sun burned and going down the water slide. A bit without atmosphere for the snobby in all of us it is still a very nice hotel. I recommend it if you really want a Disney hotel experience. the hotel is great for some and not so great for others. If you are on the cheap side, stay at a hotel on harbor, it is a good buy for some, the views are a bit better in my opinion, and the walk is shorter, but you do not get the Disneyland experience, so judge yourself. I hope i helped and thanks!
    Welcome to the Shelby Gallery!
    Created By Shelby
    Please keep your people movers, pirates, ghosts/gouls, toy stories, elephants, astro orbitors/ers, Star Tours', spaceships, cattipilars, princesses, princes, tea cups, mad hatters, mouses, dogs, cats, small people, small worlds, bobsleds, toys, whales, Toads and Mr. Toads, Rabbits, Castles (if it somehow fits in your carry-on), mark twain steamboats, queens, subjects, bears, pooh bears, donkeys, soldiers, goats, please keep your TNT to a minimum, tigerrs, tigers, Indiana Jones', leading ladies, Skippers (funny or not), jungle cruise boats, elephants, Trading Indies, Traders in general, Gorillas, Monkeys, chimps, british people who talk funny, and please watch your children.
    Oh! I almost forgot! Please watch your children, you may get wet during your viewing of the gallery.
    If i forgot any vehicles write them on my Profile Wall, ahah!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

^great info

^welcome to micechat

^please, in the future, break up your posts into smaller bites.....like this:

As a Disney hotel compared even to the Disneyland hotel pre-present expansion, the Paradise Pier Hotel is a bit below par, or below the standards you may be used to if you have stayed in Disney World or even in any of the other 2 Disney-operated on-site hotels at the Disneyland resort.

The paradise pier hotel over looks two parking structures, and the surrounding Anaheim resort, which includes basically amazing views of Paradise Pier, the land, at California Adventure park which means good WOC views if you are lucky to pay the right amount of money.

Paradise Pier hotel is, if it wasn't on a Disney property, a low four star, or three and a half stars. For a cheap rates and good rooms the hotel does fine. The hotel has roomy rooms with great bathrooms as all DIsney hotels do and the Disney hospitatality is great 2. What i dont like is the distance. The lobby isn't tasteful neither are the restaurants which are okay but the entire ground floor looks like a buiness hotel. If you aren't in for a long or even more than one night vacation, the lobby is fine and relatively efficient.

The main problem is that Paradise Pier Hotel is very far away from the parks, longer than the much cheaper hotels across Harbor. It takes a long time to walk down the street through the grand california hotel or thorugh Downtown Disney which is the same distance, to the esplanade. For kids this isn't a great deal, the walking can tire you out before you even enter the park. If you have children or dislike walking a lot, then don't choose the hotel. The walk isn't terrible for me it was pleasent but on some days DOwntown Disney can be crowded and tiring to some people so just use your best judgement.

The hotel is a bit pricey sometimes but a good deal, the views are amazing at night and even in the daytime, and the pool is okay. The pool is on the 'roof top' and is great for getting sun burned and going down the water slide. A bit without atmosphere for the snobby in all of us it is still a very nice hotel. I recommend it if you really want a Disney hotel experience. the hotel is great for some and not so great for others.

If you are on the cheap side, stay at a hotel on harbor, it is a good buy for some, the views are a bit better in my opinion, and the walk is shorter, but you do not get the Disneyland experience, so judge yourself. I hope i helped and thanks!
    Thanks
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com