Which view...Grand Californian???

Hello everyone....so I have a theme park view room booked at the Grand Californian and was wondering what some of your experiences have been with this type of room. I was asked if I had any requests for either theme park (Grizzly Peak area) or theme park/pool view and since I have never stayed at the Grand Californian I have no idea what is best.

Also are there other requests that might be wise to ask for??

Thanks for your help
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

• Refugee from a island

Re: Which view...Grand Californian???

Quote Originally Posted by loveforfamily View Post
    Hello everyone....so I have a theme park view room booked at the Grand Californian and was wondering what some of your experiences have been with this type of room. I was asked if I had any requests for either theme park (Grizzly Peak area) or theme park/pool view and since I have never stayed at the Grand Californian I have no idea what is best.

Also are there other requests that might be wise to ask for??

Thanks for your help
    Theme park/pool view is a bit of a misnomer if you ask me. Unless you get a room toward the end of that wing, you aren't going to see alot of DCA. The best views of DCA are in the DVC suites. I also don't think there is a whole lot to see other than Grizzly Peak on the other side, but that me. Personally, I like the DtD views because you can see most of the fireworks at Disneyland from most of the rooms. No matter where you stay at GC it is my favorite hotel at the resort.

• Minion

I'm always happy with the theme park/pool view. I love watching the Fun Wheel and the pools always look pretty. I guess the Grizzly Peak area view would be ok. I've had the DTD view also. The only thing I didn't like about that was we were right above the popcorn cart and that sweet smell got to be tiring.
    I want my cake back!

We have always gone with the GRR view. However, ask for a higher floor. As the trees have grown, the view has diminished considerably. I still like GRR side of things as you can hear the river filling up in the morning. Just very peaceful.
    Deedlebug

• iloveeedlr;)

So when you request a theme park view, you can request where you want it at ? Likee paradise pier or grizzly peak areaa ?

Yes, you can. If you make your reservation online you can call the reservation desk at GCH and let them know which you would prefer. You can be very specific. It will, of course, depend on how booked up they are. But I have always found them to be very willing to make my Disney Dreams come true!
    Deedlebug

• Minion

I've had the GRR and Paradise Pier views and I liked the GRR view better. It's nice to see and hear the water portion of the attraction. And viewing the Monorail approaching and disappearing is cool too. Then to top off the stay, we had concierge suites, so a good portion of our stay was just hanging out in the concierge lounge and in our room. Have a great stay!!