Motel 6 Maingate or Alpine Inn

Hi folks I will be visiting the DLR Mon Nov.1st thru Fri Nov.5 and have narrowed down my choices to 2 places.While I have stayed at many places in Anaheim(mostly Harbor Blvd.)I once stayed at the Alpine Inn when they first had their renovation in like 2002.I really liked it there for the price and value.However for the same dates using tripadvisor I also noticed the Motel 6 Maingate on Disney way was like $120 cheaper for the 5 nights.Now I know that cheaper isn't always better especially in terms of lodging but I'm just wondering.Both places aren't a far walk to Gardenwalk(Motel 6 closer but a little further to DLR than Alpine is).However I also noticed some micechatters reporting that the shortcut walkway adjacent to the Alpine through the parking lot(which is now going to be CarsLand)is no longer open.While I wont be in the rooms much anyway(theme parks and downtown disney/gardenwalk)I just need a place to sleep,get ready,shower,and watch minimal tv.Maybe a quick dip in the pool.What do you guys think?My heart says Alpine but my wallet says Motel 6.I dont care about first class amenites but I do require a pretty CLEAN ROOM!Oh yea and I will be walking to the parks/downtown disney/gardenwalk.I've heard some others say that the walk back at midnight to Motel 6 can be grueling after walking all day in the parks.
    Last edited by Disneyland4Eva; 07-23-2010 at 11:56 PM. Reason: adding

• AP holder 400 miles away

Re: Motel 6 Maingate or Alpine Inn

i know its comparing the motel 6 to another property but this thread may help you.
    Motel 6 or park vue

and yay for the bay area! haha

• Guardian Construct

I stayed at the motel 6 on July 17th and again July 23 for two different birthdays. First there was no parking for my car. They even had the spots for temp parking to check in was full from them telling people to park overnight. they gave us a dirty room and they tried to stick all 4 of us with a room with one bed. they tried to tell me i booked a room with one bed until i showed them my copies of the room conformation with type of room listed and we did book two beds. When we got a room with two beds it was just as dirty as the first room they tried to give us. black hair on the bed spread and towels and none of us have black hair. All you get is a thin sheet and a almost as thin top blanked. there are no other blankets in the room. When i asked for more I was told there is none available because they ran out.

After all this happen I wrote an email to the motel6 when I got home and was going to cancel my next reservation. They emailed me back that it was all a mistake and would never happen again. being the type that gives second chances I kept my reservation only to go through it all again! Yep dirty room and all stupid me went and repeated the same mistake with them.

If you choose to stay there print out a copy of your reservation with type of room booked. they do not have caret in the room and they use a dry duster to sweep. Bring your own wet jet or mop to clean the floor or have black sock bottoms from other peoples dirt. Also bring your own pillow there are thin and flat old pillows that suck. and also if you want to have a warm bed bring some blankets to sleep under. they do not wash the top bed cover between all clients and they are dirty so you might want to skip using them.

I have never been to the Alpine Inn so cant help you there sorry.
    Last edited by Leviathan; 07-25-2010 at 10:46 AM. Reason: forgot to add have never been to Alpine Inn

• Iron-Clad Allie

The Alpine Inn is the only hotel that is on the Disnland reort side. All other motels and even hotels can only claim to be across the street...at best. I's practically like stayoing on Disney property, only at a vastly more reasonable price. Tthe rooms are also reasonably clean...and I have been allowed to park there way the evening before my stay has began.

Plus, we crammed more people into our room than what the rules called for...and got away with it. I figure that they let it slide. The Alpine people really want your business and are extremely accomodating and nice. Great food is to be found across the street, at Downtown Disney (Rain Forest Cafe and ESPN Zone extremely cost effective, and at the Disney hotels.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Sock Puppet

We loved the Alpine Inn when we stayed there about 4 years ago. We got a 3 queen - 2 room suite. It worked for our family of 7 for 4 days. There was enough room, never a problem parking (this was during the christmas holiday too..so it was BUSY). But since they have the old parking lot under construction, it would be quite a ways to walk. You would have to drive there. We were able to go through an opening in the gate and catch the tram in the parking lot that used to be on the outside of DCA. But alas, that is no longer there. Anyways, I say book it!! its a great little place.

Yah I booked it.I am going with the Alpine.Plus the walk to Gardenwalk isn't that far either or the walk to the parks.I've done it before and I dont mind the walk.I'm not a huge fan of driving or taking a shuttle to the parks.