• Laughing Place Finder

Thumbs up Off Property DL Hotels with their own shuttles

I was looking around to see if anyone had compiled a list of which off-property Disneyland Anaheim Resort hotels had their own shuttles as opposed to those that rely on ART. I saw a discussion from last January but it was kind of a hodge-podge of info and didn't result in a usable list.

For those of us that prefer to save our feet for the pounding they'll take at the park please chime in if you know of a hotel not already mentioned that offers its own shuttle to Disneyland.

If possible please it would help to indicate whether the shuttle charges a "nominal fee" or if they push for tips. It should go without saying that hotel shuttles are for their own guests only and they sometimes ask to see room keys.

I'll start with a few that I have used:

1.) Hyatt Regency Orange County-Garden Grove - no-fee - tip basket

2.) Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - no-fee - tip basket

3.) Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort next to I5 on Manchester Blvd - Disneyland® Resort and Convention Center Shuttle - Nominal fee This hotel actually uses the ART system.

4.) Homewood Suites Anaheim / Garden Grove - Nominal fee

***Edited Section Below 8-08-2010***

5.) Sheraton Anaheim (The Castle looking one) - No fee - Tip Basket

6.) Candy Cane Inn - No fee - Tip Basket

*****End of edited section*****

I've heard that the Sheraton, Candy Cane Inn and Holiday Inn by the Parking Structure also have their own shuttles. Can anyone confirm this?

The Google-Machine indicates that these three hotels do have their own shuttles but I'd rather hear confirmation from Micechatter's personal experiece.
    Last edited by Darth Mickey; 08-13-2010 at 04:04 PM.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

Re: Off Property DL Hotels with their own shuttles

The Sheraton does...we used it last September and it was a very smooth process...not a whole lot of people and waiting involved...
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

• Laughing Place Finder

Thanks for the confirmation on that Loveforfamily. Did they charge a fee for their shuttle or was it a tip basket?

Thanks!
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

• Embrace the kitsch!

Candy Cane, yes. No fee, tip basket. Leaves on the hour and the half hour.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mickey View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation on that Loveforfamily. Did they charge a fee for their shuttle or was it a tip basket?

Thanks!
    It was a tip basket....no set fee..If I remember correctly it was on every hour and half hour for departures and pickups

• Laughing Place Finder

Quote Originally Posted by loveforfamily View Post
    It was a tip basket....no set fee..If I remember correctly it was on every hour and half hour for departures and pickups
    Thanks for the info. I just realized that we didn't specify which Sheraton we were talking about. Is the Sheraton you used the Castle themed "Sheraton Anaheim", the one I call the ugly tower Sheraton near Katella or the fairly new mid-sized Sheraton that looks like a typical business travel hotel near the Target and Crowne Plaza at Harbor at Chapman?

Thanks again for your help!

• Laughing Place Finder

Sorry I just saw in the Sheraton thread that it was the Sheraton Anaheim and not the Sheratorn Garden Grove or the Sheraton Park near Katella. Thanks!

Sorry I just saw in the Sheraton thread that it was the Sheraton Anaheim and not the Sheratorn Garden Grove or the Sheraton Park near Katella. Thanks!
    It was the Sheraton Anaheim...the castle looking one

Do the shuttles usually drop guests off and pick them up Before and After park opening/closing.How much earlier before opening and how much later after closing do they drop off/pick up guests?

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland4Eva View Post
    Do the shuttles usually drop guests off and pick them up Before and After park opening/closing.How much earlier before opening and how much later after closing do they drop off/pick up guests?
    I am not sure about before since we arrived later...but I know that they do continue to pick up after the park closes I believe at least one hour after but definetely make sure before taking my word since it has been awhile....but I remember there was plenty of time to get back

• Laughing Place Finder

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland4Eva View Post
    I can say that in April the Crowne Plaza shuttle drove to the park one hour before park opening and ran all day until one hour after park closing.

I agree with Loveforfamily that you should definitely check with the hotel desk and/or driver and verify the shuttle hours just to be sure. I wouldn't be surprised if the shuttle hours vary from day to day and hotel to hotel.

• Laughing Place Finder

Does anybody know if the Anaheim Hilton or Anaheim Marriott have their own shuttles? It seems like most of the other upper-level 3+ Star hotels tend to have their own shuttles but these two properties seem to have shuttle service conspicuously absent from their websites.

I suppose this could be because they are next to the Convention Center and are right across Katella from DCA but if I was staying there I wouldn't want to have to hike all that way to the entrance plaza. On other hand maybe they just rely on ART?? Anybody have info on this? Thanks!

• Embrace the kitsch!

Does anybody know if the Anaheim Hilton or Anaheim Marriott have their own shuttles? It seems like most of the other upper-level 3+ Star hotels tend to have their own shuttles but these two properties seem to have shuttle service conspicuously absent from their websites.

I suppose this could be because they are next to the Convention Center and are right across Katella from DCA but if I was staying there I wouldn't want to have to hike all that way to the entrance plaza. On other hand maybe they just rely on ART?? Anybody have info on this? Thanks!
    All hotels in the "resort district" are required by the city to use the ART if they want a shuttle. An exception is made for those which had shuttles of their own before ART was implemented.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member