• Laughing Place Finder

Question Priceline - Holiday Inn & Suites on Walnut next to Mickey & Friends Parking

I just went on Priceline and booked the 3 Star Holiday Inn & Suites Hotel on Walnut next to the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure for $38 per night from 8/25/10 through 8/30/10. I was looking to hear about any experiences any MiceChatters here have had at this hotel.

TripAdvisor has lots of reviews but some of them are from cranky out-of-towners who don't know what they are getting into with discount Good Neighbor hotels. In the last two years I've stayed at the Hilton Anaheim Convention Center, the Hyatt Regency OC, the Anaheim Holiday Inn on Manchester and the Crowne Plaza OC - Garden Grove. It looks like I'm slowly but surely getting to know all of the 3* and higher hotels in the area.

It looks like this place was recently renovated/refurbished. TripAdvisor shows that this hotel charges a mandatory $10 resort fee that comes out to $11.50 with tax. From my other Priceline and Hotwire adventures in this area that's pretty standard these days. There was also conflicting information on whether this hotel has its own free shuttle or if guests have to pay to use ART. Can anybody clear that up for me?

Thanks!
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

Re: Priceline - Holiday Inn & Suites on Walnut next to Mickey & Friends Parking

They do have a shuttle. $4 a day for adults. Takes you right to the entrance.
    "The greatest expression of rebellion is joy." - Joss Whedon

• Laughing Place Finder

Quote Originally Posted by RobotWolf View Post
    They do have a shuttle. $4 a day for adults. Takes you right to the entrance.
    You're talking about the Anaheim Resort Transit shuttle right?
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

I was told when I called that it was provided by the city. So I'd guess so.
    "The greatest expression of rebellion is joy." - Joss Whedon

I've gotten to the point that I don't follow trip advisor much anymore. I've stayed at several hotels that rated poorly on that site that were real gems (and stayed at some highly rated hotels and thought they were mediocre) A travel agent I know said she has heard of hotels giving discounts to people to post bad reviews on other hotels in the area, and it's on the up and up with the economy. (sadly there's no way to verify if a person stayed at a hotel with Tripadvisor). So basically, take it with a grain of salt. Priceline's reviews are collected after a person stays there, so that gives them a bit more weight in my opinion.

I haven't stayed at that hotel, but I've hit all of the other Intercontinental hotels (Intercontinental, Holiday Inn, Staybridge, Crowne Pointe) in the area, and they've all been excellent, so I doubt it will be bad.

• Ready for takeoff

I have stayed here in the past with no issues. We have also been to the Crowne Plaza and Doubletree through Priceline, so we are slowly making our way to all of the 3*+ hotels as well.

• Laughing Place Finder

Quote Originally Posted by FolsomFan View Post
    I have stayed here in the past with no issues. We have also been to the Crowne Plaza and Doubletree through Priceline, so we are slowly making our way to all of the 3*+ hotels as well.
    Good deal. thanks for the info on that. It's always good to hear from someone who has been there in person. We should make up a name for the hotel tours that we are doing. I guess we could call it the Priceline Shuffle.

We're very excited and can't wait!! It's hard to believe that our trip starts next week.

• Laughing Place Finder

Just got back from my stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites on Walnut. We had a great time and this pace exceeded my expectations.

I've posted a full review and pics here: Pics and Review - Holiday Inn & Suites on Walnut in Anaheim