Has anyone stayed at the anabella hotel?

I'm planning a trip in Ocotber, and I'm looking around too see what hotel i want to stay in. I found the anabella one on the disney website looks very pretty. has anyone stayed there lately? if you do can you give me a review? maybe some pics also would be great!

Re: Has anyone stayed at the anabella hotel?

I stayed there a few years back (probably too long to be of real use), and remember it being decent. They allowed us a super early checkin to an upgraded room at a minimal rate change since we arrived way earlier than expected. The only things I didn't like were the ally behind out room that the window faced and the rather inconvenient location (it's a hell of a walk to Downtown Disney, and I the Timon tram is gone now.

We stayed there last October with 2 little ones (4 and 1) and really liked it. The room was small, but it had a smaller room off to the side with a daybed and TV, this was great for my husband and I, because the kids could watch their cartoons in the morning on that TV and we could watch something else on the other TV in the main room. The room was clean and comfortable. The walk to Disney wasn't bad at all - just crossed the street at the light at Katella and Disneyland Dr., walked up Disneyland Dr. to the Grand California, cut through there to Disney Downtown. Also, the food there was good, one night we ordered room service and it was really good. Sorry I don't have any photos.

We stayed here mid-October of last year and we had a great time at the Anabella! We stayed in one of the Concierge Premier rooms because one of the 3rd party sites was having a "buy one night, get one free" promo and the Anabella price matched so we booked with them and got an okay deal (about 100 a night). I wish I had pictures to share but the hotel grounds itself is very nice and has a Spanish/rustic decor.

Pros:
    -The room was beautiful and really nicely kept. There were only 2 of us so it was a good enough size. I could see where maybe it'd be a little cramped for a larger family/party.
    - The location was great. At the time, we didn't realize how great it was until after we stayed there and Pricelined our last 2 trips. Our last 2 trips, we stayed at the Double Tree in Orange and The Crowne Plaza in Garden Grove. We realized that at the Anabella, we didn't have to be on anyone's schedule. At the other hotels, we had to worry about catching the shuttle and if there'd be space on it or not. Yes, the walk is a little tedious but if you can walk a lap around the mall and not have to call for an ambulance, you should be okay.
    -The staff was pretty friendly and helpful. We got a welcome call as soon as soon as we walked in the room to see if everything was to our liking. They also came around at night and made sure you didn't need anything extra.
    - You can see (and hear) the fireworks from the rooms.

Cons:
    -I could see parking being an issue. I liked to have my car right in front of the room where I could see/hear it and I got the space a couple of times but as soon as I left for about 15 minutes, the space was gone and had to park a little further away. No biggie though.
    -The walls were a little thin so we knew when our neighbors were coming and going and since we were on the bottom floor, we also heard their footsteps. Again, not a big deal.
    - Extra parking fee of 13 dollars per night, I believe.

We didn't try out the Tangerine Bar & Grill or the pool area so no comments regarding those. But, there's a diner right next door where we had a pretty good breakfast at 7am one day and then had dinner at the Coco's nearby and that was pretty good and convenient.

Bottom Line: If I had a chance to stay here again, I'd take it! It's a little pricey but it is worth it if you can find good deals and look out for specials.

Hope it helped!

I just stayed at the Anabella, and would pretty much agree with the descriptions here. I got a King bed room. The rooms aren't large, but are clean and in fine shape. The walk is a good 10 min, which is fine in the AM, but a little daunting late night when you feet are already tired and sore.

My only gotcha was while they do have internet access, it's pay. It was $10/for a day or more for a longer period, and I chose to do without.

"I DIG A.D.D."

I have never stayed myself, but I have always heard good things about it - from guests as well as my travel agent. One thing you could do, is log on to Expedia and read through the reviews and they also would have photos there too. I do that all of the time - a great way to see what the pros and cons are to some places.