Cut through Grand Californian?

I'm planning a trip for September and will definitely be staying at a Good Neighbor hotel, most likely on Katella. I've seen it referenced a few times in this forum that to cut down on walking time, you can cut through the Grand Californian. How? Do you walk through the inside of the hotel, or do you walk through it's parking lot and around it? I really appreciate any help!

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Re: Cut through Grand Californian?

Walk thru the hotel. Go in thru lobby and follow the signs, its pretty simple and marked. You will come out in Downtown Disney and the security check gates are right there.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Walk thru the hotel. Go in thru lobby and follow the signs, its pretty simple and marked. You will come out in Downtown Disney and the security check gates are right there.
    Can any park guest do this?I mean this is different from that entrance that lets you right into DCA right.For that DCA entrance I think you have to either be a Hotel guests or buy something from the GCH.So this one lets you out into DTD right and can be used by any park guests?

Hotel guests only first thing in the morning due to WoC ticket distribution. After 10 or 11am you should be fine to go through the GC entrance. Just don't try right after DCA opens.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland4Eva View Post
    Can any park guest do this?I mean this is different from that entrance that lets you right into DCA right.For that DCA entrance I think you have to either be a Hotel guests or buy something from the GCH.So this one lets you out into DTD right and can be used by any park guests?

You can get into DTD through the Grand Californian no matter where you are staying.

Going through the Grand Californian entrance to California Adventure is restricted to Disney Hotel guests only. They have recently started asking for room keys when entering through there.

Awesome! Thank you so much for all the great information. HUGE HELP!

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

When I was there earlier this month I went through the DCA entrance/exit and didn't have to show any room key and I wasn't a guest of any of the Disney Hotels. Granted it was the middle of the day. But I'm sure the DCA entrance/exit is just more restricted when DCA first opens.

The other exit that goes into DTD is open to anyone. I went thru there first thing in the morning. There is no security check point or turn-stile there. No cast member standing there to see who is coming in and out. Its just a side entrance into and out of the GCH. But at the DCA entrance/exit, it is a security check point and turn-stile since it dumps you directly into the park.