Question Walking Distance Hotels?

Hey all,

My wife and I frequent Disneyland at least twice a year and are looking for another hotel. We have stayed at The Embassy Suites Anaheim south. We love it there but the shuttle can be hit or miss with the wait times and we prefer not to pay for parking.

The last two trips we have stayed at the ParkVue Inn right across the street from Disneyland. The first time we stayed we had a great experience! We had a room at the end of the hotel with a comfortable bed, quiet room, and it was clean.

This last trip (which we just got back from yesterday) the room we stayed in was awful. It was next to a janitors closet so we could hear every little noise. The walls were paper thin you could hear every footstep and every little noise! The beds were rock hard, I complained to the desk and they really didn't care, it was just a very dissatisfying stay.

We are looking for a new Hotel to stay at since we are going again in October. Somewhere close to the park so we can walk to the room, the closer the better. Also some place that is clean and quiet since we are light sleepers! Give me some recommendations based on experiences! Thanks!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Walking Distance Hotels?

Here are some previous threads where this was discussed. They are older threads, but the information contained in them should still be valid.

Recommendation within walking distance? (no kids)

Hotel Options In Walking Distance

Walking distance motels?!?!

Hotels in walking distance of DLR

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Laughing Place Finder

I just stayed at the Holiday Inn & Suites in Anaheim on Walnut. It is next to the parking structure so rather than saying it is in walking distance of the park I'd say it's in walking distance of the Mickey & Friends Tram and the Monorail.

It's about half a mile to the trams and about 3/4 mile to the monorail. Walking distance to the park gates I'd guess is about a mile.

I booked this hotel through Priceline. When I saw that I got the Holiday Inn I'll admit I wasn't doing cartwheels of happiness. I have to say though that my daughter and I had an outstanding experience there. Our Priceline rate was $38 per night.

The whole hotel and pool were recently totally renovated and I'll say the hotel looked great, the lobby was great, the rooms were great and I didn't hear a sound outside our room the whole five nights we were there. The beds were comfy. The water pressure was perfect and the taps had instant hot water.

I am used to staying at the Disneyland Hotel, the Grand Californian, they Hyatt Regency OC and the Crowne Plaza Garden Grove and I would definitely stay at this Holiday Inn again.

I'm working on a review I'll be posting later that will have pics of the room, lobby and pool.
    Last edited by Darth Mickey; 09-04-2010 at 05:23 PM.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

Candy Cane Inn is the best that I have stayed in off property!

• I'm from Canada eh!

Hojo. I have stayed there 4 times and am going back in a week. For the money I feel that it is one of the best.

• Jeanne, like the lamp!

my husband and i really enjoy the anaheim plaza hotel. its across the street from the parking entrance, so about a 5 min walk from the main gates. it's very cheap, clean, great landscape and feel and if you like swimming it has an olympic sized pool. it's also convienently located by cheaper places to eat such as subway, and a great pizza place. we are actually staying there for a week in october ourselves hope this was a help!

and they lived happily ever after

Alpine Inn. My friend and I have made that the hotel we stay at each time we visit. Its quiet, provides exactly what we need (clean room, clean bathroom, bed, free parking, walking distance). Its on West Katella and before Carsland construction started was right by the tram stop for the Timon/Pumba lot. Another point of reference is the convention center. It was about a 10 minute walk or so. We love it and the prices are very reasonable! we are staying there again in November :-)

In terms of the close walkable and affordable...reading through many of these and from my own experiences, they are very hit and miss.

We have stayed at the Best Western (not Park Place but the other one right there by maingate) it was a bad experience. Several times stayed at the Desert Inn and Suites with mixed results. Also stayed on Katella once at America's Best Inn I think the name was, again it was OK, but no elevator making it a pain with a stroller.

The best stays, especially for the money are down Harbor at say the Embassy Suites or the Hampton Inn, frankly I prefer the Hampton a bit myself, approx $50 cheaper per night and they have a very good free breakfast, shuttle is same spot as Embassy, the ART can be somewhat hit and miss like you said, but if you are looking for good accomodations, I think you either are going to pay big at one of the disney hotels or stay down Harbor a bit and either have a long walk or the resort transit.

We always stay at the best western anahiem inn. Basic clean bug free free parking and right across the street from the park entrance. Can also accomodate a large family.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    We always stay at the best western anahiem inn. Basic clean bug free free parking and right across the street from the park entrance. Can also accomodate a large family.
    This motel is my number 1 choice too! I have stayed there ten times in the last 5 years and I am always happy with the room and the service.
    Matthew

• Circle of Ancients

Even though the hotels don't mention this ... any of the hotels around the convention center (Red Lion, Mariott, Hilton, etc) are within walking distance to the Toy Story parking lot and you can take the shuttle from there to the park.