Thread: DLH Help

DLH Help

Does anyone have a surefire way to guarantee a specific tower? We are going in October and staying in a two room suite. My 80 year old grandmother pikes the Dreams tower the best and I am doing everything in my power to make that particular "wish" come true for her...any advice would be great!

Re: DLH Help

From my personal experience...I have always been told that there is no way to guarantee the dreams tower...disney will tell you that over and over but just a thought....conceirge is located in the dreams tower so it would make sense that if you book a room with conceirge that you should have a pretty good chance at getting into the dreams tower.
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

Thanks for the idea...not sure we want to pop for the concierege cost that would be added onto the already "decent" price being paid...I do appreciate the info.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan74 View Post
    Thanks for the idea...not sure we want to pop for the concierege cost that would be added onto the already "decent" price being paid...I do appreciate the info.
    I fully understand.....it is a bit pricey....
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Exactly 24 hours before you expect to check in send a fax to the front desk letting them no what you want........if it is at all possible to accomodate you they will make it happen.

Human nature will come into play here so it is very important that you do this ~exactly~ 24 hours before check in.....I can't emphasize this part enough

Good luck, and if you don't get the tower you want don't let it stop you from having a most enjoyable vacation
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Thank you sleepy, I will do that...

My wife and I just stayed at the DLH last week and stayed in the dreams tower. We wanted to make sure we were in a renovated room, so the wife (with inside information) requested a view of downtown disney as that would and did put us in the dreams tower.

Thanks JB1...I have already done that, and added that my grandmother tends to spend a lot of the evening hours in the room and truly enjoyed being able to look down on DTD and see the fire works when we last stayed in the Dream Tower. I appreciate the advice...

OK, I just called to do the same thing for our stay tomorrow and was told that there is now a $45/night upcharge for staying in a renovated room!

Even if you only want a standard room with no special view, you have to pay extra. So basically they're telling me if I don't want a room with moldy, peeling wallpaper (which is what we got when we stayed at DLH last year in the Wonder Tower), I have to pay a surcharge.

Now maybe this is because all the rooms in the only renovated tower are considered nicer view rooms, but in the old days we got standard rooms in that tower overlooking the pool for no extra charge.

Yeah...another way to bleed the tourists dry. That is sad.

I have not called them to do my "final confirmation" but when I do, I will be sure to question why this is just coming up now and I have been requesting this tower since I booked in May...not good.