• Minion

Earliest time to checkin

I know standard time is 3pm. I will be volunteering Sun am for the 1/2 marathon and wondering if I can check in earlier in the morning. I believe WDW is 7am. Anyone know what time for DLH? Also, staying concierge. I understand a room will most likely not be ready, but would like to go and get some snacks in the lounge and relax.

Re: Earliest time to checkin

I believe you can check in...if your room is not ready they will take your bags and give you all the information you will need. They will call you when your room is ready. I am pretty sure you will be able to use the conceirge lounge at that time....
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

If it's not full sometimes they can let you check in early if there is a room that is ready to go, otherwise, as stated they can hold your bags till it is ready. They can/will call or even text message if you prefer that alternative.
    Yaye!

This happened to me my last trip. The room wasn't ready so they had me check in my bags and sent me a txt later on in the day. What I didn't know, however, was that I had to pay to get my bags back. ($9 for 3 bags) Guess Las Vegas spoiled me with its complementary bell service.

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

That is weird, I've almost always checked my bags at the bell service and never had paid a fee, I have always tipped when they were delivered to my room. On our most recent trip I even checked them to the bell service after checking out and they did not charge me a fee.
    Yaye!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

And PLEASE be nice to the front desk when asking if you can check in early. And acknowledge that you know you are early....but if there's any way possible...you'd like to check in early.

I say this, because, I work front desk..and nothing annoys me more than people who come to check in early and then have an attitude when we don't have a room. If you are polite, understanding and patient.....most will go WAY out of their way to help you get into a room right away.

Oh, and try not to be picky about your room. If you are THAT desperate to get into a room THAT much earlier than check in....don't demand a room away from the elevator, next to the ice machine, away from the pool with an even number. Gratefully accept whatever room is availiable at that time...unless you are willing to wait the extra hours to get the room you feel you must have.

Sometimes, you can't get everything you want...you must choose what is more important to you.

Quote Originally Posted by stashe View Post
    This happened to me my last trip. The room wasn't ready so they had me check in my bags and sent me a txt later on in the day. What I didn't know, however, was that I had to pay to get my bags back. ($9 for 3 bags) Guess Las Vegas spoiled me with its complementary bell service.
    This past december we arrived early and our room was not ready so we checked our bags in and away to the parks we went.... there was no fee for doing this.
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come