• We Want The Redhead

PPH Scavenger Hunts

Because we're fairly close to the park, we only occasionaly stay at the hotels on property.
    A couple of weeks back, the wife surprised us by buying us a night at the PPH which extended our vacation by two days (yup, she's great! that's why I married her). Since we've been to both the PPH and DLH so often, we don't bother with 'Guest Services.' I wanted to find out about AM coffee service at the PPH though (they offer free early morning coffee at DLH, but I've not seen the same at PPH). As I was talking to the CM, I noticed a small sign on the counter offering up a POTC scavenger hunt called the 'It's A Pirate's Life For Me Trivia Challenge.' Having not heard of this before, I asked and got a sheet of paper with a series of 10 questions (most regulars would answer the majority without even boarding), a hotel pen and a glow stick to use as light on board the attraction.
    There was also a second one available for the Jungle Cruise called 'Trader Sam's Jungle Tricks.' Again, any regular should be able to answer most of the questions from memory.
    At the end of the day, we returned to Guest Services at the hotel with our completed 'tests.' The CM had our young one read off our answers, and as a reward we each got a 2 inch by 5 inch pin (not the fancy enameled ones sold at the park, just an old fashioned pin) featuring artwork of the attraction poster, and in the case of POTC a small handful of 'treasure' which consisted of smartly colored stones and chocolate coins. For the Jungle Cruise, we got a second pin of the JC's attraction poster, as well as a small 8 1/2 x 11 1/2 inch mimeographed map of the jungle rivers. This was tthe same we've gotten as perks from friendly JC Skippers.
    I don't know if the other hotels are offering this perk, but be sure to stop by the PPH Guest services desk if you're visiting for an extra bit of fun for your whole family!
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Figment of my imagination

Re: PPH Scavenger Hunts

WOW -- what a great perk! Such fun and a great way to make the ride more entertaining. We're staying there on our trip, so I appreciate the info!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney

WDW - '88, '90, Nov '95, Mar '98, Mar '03, Oct '05-Aug '06 (AP)
    DL - Jan '09, Sept '10

Next visit - still just a wish...

Dream Meet' n' Greet: Kermit, Sweetums, Maleficent, Jack

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

I know the DLH offers the POTC trivia hunt. We did it back in June and had all but one question right (one involving the boats). It took us a few trips to get them all. It was fun and we have our button to show off.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

We stayed at the Paradise Pier a couple weeks back, and had a blast. My mom bought us a concierge suite and so we go to stay at the beach combers club. I wish I had done the scavenger hunt, but I didn't have time to as any of the CM's for it. Dangit! Sounds like it would have been fun. I will just have to do it when I go back in june.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them... Walt Disney

-Av done by: ME!-