Smile Anaheim Fairfield Inn vs HoJo?

Hi there! I'm trying to plan our next Disneyland trip, to take place in Sept. of 2011, and we're hoping to start paying on it next month...I'm unable to stay at the Disneyland Hotel like we did this past September, and I've heard so many wonderful things about the HoJo. However, since I'm booking through Disney I'd be unable to get the Micechat discount. That said, I've read some good things about the Fairfield which is right across the street.

We'll be walking to the parks every day, and last time my feet ached going from the main gate to the Disney hotel. (We were in the Magic Tower)

All this in mind, what's everyone's opinions? I'd love some reviews of the Fairfield, if anyone has them.

Prices?
    Closeness to park?
    Comfort?
    Quietness?
    Close to restaurants/fast food?

Thanks in advance!

• no flash photography...

Re: Anaheim Fairfield Inn vs HoJo?

Fairfield my be slightly closer and I'm sure they have gotten rid of their bed bugs by now. Given those two choices I would choose hojo's.

Bed bugs? O.O I heard that was like 3 years ago--?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'd go with the HoJo as well. They run such a wonderful operation and have such a great and well trained staff.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Johnny and Me!

+1 for HoJo. It's not much farther from the park entrance, and is quiet (just request to not face the freeway). There is a Mimi's just across the street. Don't be afraid to splurge on Theme Park view, either:

I stayed in both Hojos (kids suite) and Fairfield Inn (standard double queen room) in September 2010.
    Im not really sure how they measured up price wise as I don't have the figures in front of me right now (I think FF was slightly cheaper as it was just a regular room not a suite)

The kids suite at Hojos was fabulous and much cleaner and newer than the standard double queen room at the FF.

We really loved Hojos but I have to say that after a very long day at Disneyland it was nice to turn down the FF driveway and not go all the way to Hojo. I know its not really that much further but some days it felt like miles

The service and friendliness of the staff at Hojos left the Mariott Fairfield staff for dead so it really depends on how you rank distance, quality & cleanliness of the room & service as to what is most important to you (and price too of course)

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    Fairfield my be slightly closer and I'm sure they have gotten rid of their bed bugs by now. Given those two choices I would choose hojo's.
    All hotels at some point get bed bugs, part of the business.