• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

Has anyone stayed at the Quality Inn (S. Manchester Ave.)

As I am planning my next escape to the Land of D, I was checking out hotel rates. Quality Inn beats all the other hotels that are close hands down, so I was wondering if there was a reason why. From the map it looks like it's right over by HoJo, which doesn't look like it would be far of a walk in comparison to some of the hotels further down on Harbor Blvd. Is it an illusion and it's a lot further then it looks? On the hotel photos it looks like it's a motor style hotel (motel) with the doors on the outside, no inside hallways. Are the rooms clean and beds comfy? It just seems the rate is really cheap, so that gives me concern. Thanks for the help!
    Yaye!

• Huh?

Re: Has anyone stayed at the Quality Inn (S. Manchester Ave.)

I stayed there last October and would do so again without hesitation. My room was very clean and comfortable. You are correct that it doesn't have interior walkways. The walk is definitely doable; only a minute or two longer than the Hojo walk. They also have a decent breakfast and wifi included.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

I've stayed there a few times...

pros:
    * Continental breakfast
    * Can usually find a cheap rate
    * Not a horrible walk unless you are in the farthest building, then it seems to take forever!
    * Friendly staff

cons:
    * thin walls/windows/doors - our last stay we could see daylight around almost the entire door because it was not fit to the frame
    * A/C didn't work in one of the rooms
    * outlets are so old I had to use a bandaid to plug in my phone to charge overnight
    * pool is NOT heated, so even in the summer it was NOT pleasant unless it was total sunlight around
    * smoking allowed in some rooms, but in others people will just smoke outside their room -- which means it comes right in the wall mounted AC unit

Don't get me wrong - if the HoJo is booked or if I can actually get a cheaper rate (significantly cheaper) than the HoJo, I'll stay there again. My 12 year old loves making waffles for breakfast so that is a nice thing too. The walk isn't much further than the HoJo, but since you actually go all the way around the corner on Manchester, it feels a lot farther. They are working slowly on an upgrade and plan on putting in some kind of a day spa and have been doing some small property upgrades as well - I told them they need to add a hot tub so when you get out of the ice pool you can warm up!

Check the small print on your deal you find - I've found that many sites don't charge you the daily resort fee for them (which I think is $5/day?) and also check to make sure your room has the actual number of beds you need. They have multiple options there including rooms with a double bed and a small sleeper sofa, so it helps to make sure in advance of booking.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how youd meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later youd be playing like you were best friends?"

I know it's an older post but FWIW I wouldn't hesitate to stay here either. My fiancee and I stayed there twice. Once because another hotel messed up our reservation and everything else was booked. The second time was just a few months ago and we actually looked forward to going back. While it's not a huge major 5 star hotel, it IS very comfy, clean, and cozy. Also if you can find the travel magazines that are at places such as ihop and some gas stations, they have a coupon in there for a $49 rate.

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MJ5150 View Post
    I know it's an older post but FWIW I wouldn't hesitate to stay here either. My fiancee and I stayed there twice. Once because another hotel messed up our reservation and everything else was booked. The second time was just a few months ago and we actually looked forward to going back. While it's not a huge major 5 star hotel, it IS very comfy, clean, and cozy. Also if you can find the travel magazines that are at places such as ihop and some gas stations, they have a coupon in there for a $49 rate.
    Thanks, our Feb trip got put off, ended up going to SF for a week instead, but I am looking at maybe Oct now. I've always stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, but I want the cheapest hotel that is the closest to the theme park this time! Thanks for the input, basically I just want a crash pad because I like to go hard core and spend every waking moment at the park!
    Yaye!