• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

Has anyone stayed at the Days Inn & Suites Anaheim on S. Harbor Blvd?

I checked out the reviews on Hotels.com and it seems people either like or they don't, but not really any helpful info. They offer fee shuttle and breakfast, so I was just wondering if anyone has stayed here, and their thoughts about it. Thanks!
    Yaye!

Re: Has anyone stayed at the Days Inn & Suites Anaheim on S. Harbor Blvd?

We stayed at the Days Inn just beyond Ball Rd in December. As I recall, there are two Days Inns on S Harbor, so this info may not be helpful.

We would not stay there again. The carpet was DISGUSTING. We had to wear our shoes anytime we were in the room. I ended up throwing out a pair of my son's socks because they were so black. The continental breakfast is okay. Nothing special. And there are signs all over the place stating that you aren't allowed to take food from the breakfast room back to your own room. They offered 3 kinds of cereal, one fruit - alternating bananas and oranges, donuts, muffins, bread, coffee and juice.

Every night, we had to call down to the front desk to request more towels. Even though there were 6 of us, housekeeping never left more than 2 sets of towels.

We did use the shuttle daily. It worked for us, but I heard several other parties complaining about it. We made a point of getting to the van 20 minutes early, but there were always more people waiting than would fit in it. The driver was good, and returned for people, but at times it was a mad dash to be able to get all of us on the same trip.

Hope that helps!

• See Ya Real Soon!

This is our go to place, mainly because it is usually cheaper than other area hotels. The rooms are okay, never had too much of an issue with them, but they are nothing special. The breakfast is good for a free breakfast and better then what is being offered by many of the other area hotels. We have never used the shuttle van, last time we walk to the park most days, only about a 15 - 20 min walk.

Does anyone know how long the free shuttle is available for? So, if we go in June, will the shuttle be available when the park closes?

• See Ya Real Soon!

Yes they will only have one shuttle van after park closure. I am not sure of the schedule but it think it is about 15 minutes after park closure. During the day the shuttle runs every 30 minutes.

It is totally walkable though. We walked to the parks most days, just easier than dealing with the parking structure.