Best Western Anaheim Inn (Across from parks)

I'm planning a trip for a fairly good size group. I was wondering if anybody know if this best western is an ok stay? It seems nice. And seemed cheaper than other places... I'm getting a suite and a regular two queen bed.

Just curious to hear opinions about Best Western Anaheim Inn. Thank you!

• Shablagoo!

Re: Best Western Anaheim Inn (Across from parks)

Are you refering to the Best Western Park Place Inn and Mini-Suites? I have been there several times and it is fine. You get plenty of room and it is clean.

I think it is different. Its a bit further down than I thought originally. Haha oh well.

I always stay at the Best Western Anaheim Inn it is clean, comfortable, and quiet. It is only about 50 yards from the cross walk to Disneyland's main Harbor Blvd. entrance. I already have my next trip reserved for June. They have free Wifi and a customer use computer in the lobby. I give them a good recommendation.
    Matthew

I love this place! We always stay here and have never had a problem =)

Maybe when we stayed there (BWPPI) it was just a fluke, but it was dirty, dark and dank. There was a drunk couple arguing outside our room (which faced a lovely view of the parking lot) at 3:00 a.m. They were arguing over some transaction (either drugs or other), and let's just say our visit was not sprinkled with pixie dust! The beds were lumpy and uncomfortable, and the wall unit a/c blew all night on my daughter who tried her best to keep a stiff upper lip and sleep on torture chamber that posed as a pull out sofabed. We checked into the Disneyland Hotel the next day and the difference was pretty startling!

I don't really get the love for this place. I have stayed in other Best Westerns and found them to be comfortable and clean, but not this one on Harbor Blvd. I think there are better places around there to stay.

• Planning my next trip...

We stayed there about 3-4 years ago and liked it. Nothing fancy...the lobby was small and uninteresting, but the room was very clean and seemed recently updated. The staff was nice, and the location was amazing! You really can't get much closer to the gate. Not necessarily a "magical" atmosphere, but very convenient if you won't be spending much time in your room.

• Not on the Jedi Council

I'll find out in a month. Figure I wanted a base of operations the day Star Tours 2 opens, and it was half the price of the Paradise Pier hotel. It also seems closer than the PP hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    I'll find out in a month. Figure I wanted a base of operations the day Star Tours 2 opens, and it was half the price of the Paradise Pier hotel. It also seems closer than the PP hotel.
    I stay there every time I come down and I can confirm it is closer than The Paradise Pier Hotel.
    Matthew

Cool, and what really sold me was that the operator from Disney hotels told me Magic Mornings is only if you buy a three day or more park hopper while staying at the hotels.

I know Disney can be greedy, but that's the most blatant one I've seen. Not seeing the advantage of staying on property if that really is the case.

• The Original Disney Doll

I've stayed twice and will never stay again. The beds are so uncomfortable. I also don't like the AC/heater. It was either too hot or too cold and I could never get the temp adjusted right to be comfortable. I thought the rooms were dark too. If you end up on the second or third floor then hopefully you can just use the stairs because the elevator is dead slow. I had a stroller so I had to put up with it. The pool is just a hole in the ground. No frills. Parking can be really tight too. Internet is free but it's so slow you can't really do anything. IDK...there isn't anything really, really awful about it, but there are other Good Neighbor hotels that are better if you are wanting MM.

I have an AP, so no Magic Mornings for me regardless of where I am staying. Not too worried about the pool, just wanted close access to the parks and a chance to not have to drive each day.

Which hotels do you recommend?

• Embrace the kitsch!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    I have an AP, so no Magic Mornings for me regardless of where I am staying. Not too worried about the pool, just wanted close access to the parks and a chance to not have to drive each day.

Which hotels do you recommend?
    I just came back from a weekend at the park and I stayed at the Anaheim Inn. The other posters are right: it's no-frills and squeezed in between two bigger hotels, but it's also very close and very reasonable. They don't charge for parking, as many hotels in the area have started to do, but there's no breakfast included. Good overall value for the money.

Bottom line: I would stay there again, especially if price was a concern.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

Cool.. especially since hotels.com already charged my credit card for the room!

Yeah, it doesn't have to be that fancy, since I don't plan to be there that much, but it will beat having to drive home each day, and I can come back in the evening and order pizza.

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

If we don't stay at a DL Resort hotel, we prefer the BW Anaheim Inn. We were they last weekend for the rally. They have always tried to accommodate us if possible. Sometimes we have extended our trip by a day or two and they try their best to make sure we can stay in the same room for convenience. We've never had problems with noise or the rooms. As a bonus, there are various restaurants next to it and it is a short walk to DL.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney