• Ludicrous speed! Go!

Freeloader Cockroaches

I hope Iím posting in the right forum; itís regarding our stay at the Anaheim Plaza Inn & Suites which is a Disneylandarea hotel. Iím hoping that anyone that is going to Disneylandand looking at hotels in the area will find this post helpful.

We arrived at the Anaheim Plaza Inn & Suites at around 6:30PM. We had a speedy check-in and before we knew it we were in the room unpacking and gearing up for a few hours of fun at the park. 12:30PM we returned to the room to get some sleep for an all out assault on the park the next day.

In the morning while we were getting ready we were welcomed by a visitor:

I managed to corner the fast little bugger and captured it in a cup for a little photo shoot and to get him ready to be presented to the front desk. I have to say that the person that was behind the desk at this point was either completely dumbfounded or just didnít care. He said that he would get right on it and have the room inspected while we were in the park, which I was fine with after all we were about to be in Disneyland.

When we returned to the room at about 10:30PM we were welcomed by another visitor:

Again I proceeded to herded and captured the cockroach for a photo shoot and to be presented to the front desk.

At this point we were over it; we just werenít interested in staying there another night. This time the front desk was somewhat helpful and only charged us for the first night. We then proceeded to the Alpine Inn where we have never had a problem; itís just a bit of a walk.

For anyone interested in staying at the Anaheim Plaza Inn& Suites I didnít have any real problem with the service just be aware that you may have some freeloaders in the room.

• Infinitized!

Re: Freeloader Cockroaches

"You cockroaches wanna play rough? OK I"M RELOADIN'!!!"

• no flash photography...

yuck. I was at the Marriott in Fullerton and although I did not see any roaches while there one did come out of the laundry bag I brought home from the hotel. Disgusting!!!

• Minion

if those bugs are not paying for the room their not welcome in it lol

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

I've stayed at the Anaheim Plaza twice...last august and two years ago august. The first time we were on the ground floor and there was a bug in tub when we first got there. We had no problems after that was removed by the staff. The second time we stayed we were on the second floor and didn't find any bugs at all during the 3 nights we stayed there.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• At the bottom

Talking Re: Freeloader Cockroaches

The picture of the cockroach with the hotel logo would look great on yelp.com

• I'm from Canada eh!

Yuck... I have stayed at some pretty cheap hotels around the DLR, but never had that issue...

• Sock Puppet

that is to bad.of all the 5 times i have stayed there never have i had a problem. my room over looked the ToT, and not once did i have any bugs! so i am sorry this happend, but you know i am sure this happends to any hotel, even hojo and BWPPI. It wont stop me from staying at APPI.It may be a cheap hotel, but it's nicer then some.

• Sock Puppet

i also want to say that i have seen worse. so just one bug is not going to stop me from staying there. i will just rememvber to pack my raid believe me there is worse at a cheap hotel you can see then some bug..

I agree, these cockroaches should not only stop playing WoW in their parents' basement, but they should also move out of their parents' basement, get a job and pay rent.
    My adventures in Wonderland began when I followed the White Rabbit down the rabbit hole. All of the sudden--I fell! Down... down... down...

• Mickey's pal

'Strike yer colors ye bloomin cockroachers!!!'

Well, it just seemed so very necessary.
    "It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was kid."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

• Just good enough

I have been using the Anaheim Plaza for over five years now and not once have I seen a bug or a cockroach. The quality of the rooms doesn't bother me since most of the time is spent at the parks. Given its close proximity to the parks AND Gardenwalk I would say its a great hotel for the price. Never had a bad experience there.
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.