Cool Doubletree Anaheim/Orange County Review

Hey guys,

I recently stayed at this hotel, and wanted to post a quick review.

Hotel Info:

Double Tree Anaheim

100 The City Drive, Orange, California, United States 92868-3204
    Tel: 1-714-634-4500 Fax: 1-714-978-3839

Now onto the review:

Price/Value: I won this hotel for two nights through Priceline for $130 including taxes. This was a great deal considering the advertised rate was $129.99 before tax per night. I would say the hotel was very much a great value at the price I paid. 5/5

Atmosphere/Location: The hotel is located about a block from the Block at orange (no pun intended) This was a great location for my wife and I, as we were able to shop and dine at the block without having to travel too far. You can easily walk to and from the hotel to the Block at Orange. Regarding the Hotel's atmosphere, a mix between families and business people. 5/5

Parking: Parking was $13 per night for self parking with unlimited access to your car, This has become the standard for Hotels everywhere. There are two lots, one is closer to the hotel than the other, the Hotel was sold out during our stay and we were able to park relatively close to the hotel. All parking is outside, and is not covered. 4/5

Rooms: We stayed in a room with two double beds the first night (a downside to booking with Priceline.) The room had newer decor, there was a 27" LCD TV in the room, There were all the standard channels as well as pay per view. One note on the pay per view, they had some Movies on sale for just $4.99 which is a great deal. The room was clean and spacious. 4.5/5

Customer Service: This is the one lacking area for me. The gentleman that checked us in was not very friendly. Also we were to change rooms to a single King bed room during the day, I had it set up with the front desk that they would call me to confirm this was changed, as we would be out at Disneyland all day. I never recieved the call, and was left to hope we were not forgotten about and left without a room for the night. 4/5

Travel to Disneyland:
    The hotel is only a couple of miles from Disneyland, and there is a free shuttle provided by the Hotel, the shuttle leaves the hotel every hour on the hour (ex. 7, 8, 9, etc.) and picks up from Disneyland at :15 after the hour (ex. 11:15, 12:15, 1:15, etc.) This was very convenient, you could also arrange to be picked up at a different time with the front desk. The shuttle was pretty crowded both on our way to the hotel and back. 4/5

Can't forget to mention...You get the amazing free chocolate chip cookies when you check in!!!

Overall I would rate the hotel a 4.5/5

Please feel free to post or pm me with any questions!!!

• I'm a fiddle player......

Re: Doubletree Anaheim/Orange County Review

Thanks for the review I will be staying there soon

Excellent review, thank you! What area and star ranking did you put in to get your winning bid?

Quote Originally Posted by pitter_patter View Post
    Excellent review, thank you! What area and star ranking did you put in to get your winning bid?
    It is listed as Disneyland South, 3.5 Star... It's a great place, I spent a week there, started with 4, but added more dates. Funny thing was when we wanted a few more days, he told us that the company wouldn't get near Priceline, so he had me get on the computer and add more days from Priceline's website, and basically rechecked me in so we didn't have to move rooms. Good Customer Service... saved me about $200.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

I just had a Priceline bid accepted at the Doubletree for one night this weekend. My bid was $48, which is $61 total after taxes. This will be my second stay at the Doubletree and I'm looking forward to that chocolate chip cookie!