North Highlands, California, United States

Clarion Reviews??

Hello MiceChatters,

I booked my Disneyland vacation about two months ago through a website called BookIt.com and one option they have is a "mystery hotel" like Expedia. Fortunately, we aren't paying an arm and a leg for a good neighbor hotel.

However unfortunately, the reviews for the Clarion near the Convention Center are extremely mixed. I've looked at several review sites and even searched for past reviews here.

Does anyone have any reviews from personal experience good or bad?

Thanks!

• Greetings, Program!

Re: Clarion Reviews??

Have stayed there twice as they are a pet friendly hotel and charge about 30 bucks extra for a pet fee (at the time - this was about a year ago). Not the best rooms, but certainly not the worst....look no further than Motel 6 for the bottom of the barrel. I'd say for what we paid (about 90 a night), it was worth it both times.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

North Highlands, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    Have stayed there twice as they are a pet friendly hotel and charge about 30 bucks extra for a pet fee (at the time - this was about a year ago). Not the best rooms, but certainly not the worst....look no further than Motel 6 for the bottom of the barrel. I'd say for what we paid (about 90 a night), it was worth it both times.
    Thanks! We aren't bringing our 3 pups but it's nice to know that we have the option available.

• Greetings, Program!

Hope you have fun. We began choosing the Clarion after the Anaheim Park Sheraton went from a no pet fee policy to a 50 dollar one. The rooms were nicer than Clarion but only by a few degrees.

Of course at the end of a day it's really just a room to crash after a day in the park. Personally, I found the Sheraton to be nicer AND they have great views of the fireworks on the upper floors. The Clarion is actually blocked by the Sheraton tower.

I don't think the Clarion will disappoint though.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

I stayed there for 1 night last October, and while the room was clean for the most part but not a great room, for the 40 I paid for the 1 night off priceline, it was acceptable, but I would personally not pay more then 50/night for this hotel.

The front desk staff was rather rude and slow when I stayed there, but maybe they have found better staff by now.

We stayed there before. Won't do it again. The power went out in the whole hotel, half the family was up in the rooms and the other half downstairs in the lobby. They had no idea when the power was going to be restored. Rooms were OK and restaurant was OK too. My sister just returned from a trip there last month and told me she will never stay there again. Desk clerks were rude and not helpful, room was OK but restaurant service needed improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by diznimom View Post
    We stayed there before. Won't do it again. The power went out in the whole hotel, half the family was up in the rooms and the other half downstairs in the lobby. They had no idea when the power was going to be restored. Rooms were OK and restaurant was OK too. My sister just returned from a trip there last month and told me she will never stay there again. Desk clerks were rude and not helpful, room was OK but restaurant service needed improvement.
    To be fair the hotel likely had no control over a power outage and as such can't give a time frame for when the power would go back on.

I've had the power go out a few times at work when I was working in hotels, and we honestly had no idea when it would come back on, it was beyond the hotels control.