Carousel Inn vs. Red Lion, my D23 Expo Plans changed, need reviews/help.

We're headed out on 8/17-8/22. It's our 10th wedding anniversary on the 18th. Originally we were going alone, but our plans have been changed so that we're going to be taking our 2 1/2 year old twin boys.

I have a reservation at the Red Lion (which I got a good deal $72/night, plus a $50 Visa on check in). It is near the Convention Center, and figured I can hop on a bus at Toy Story (which I'm told many do from that Hotel).

With the boys going along, I'm figuring that I'll barely be making the Expo, even though I've had tickets since Christmas. =-(

So I was thinking of changing my plans and getting a hotel near the park, so that we can go back for naps/etc easier. In the past we had help (family members), so going on the shuttle, etc. wasn't a big deal. But with a shuttle, it takes two+ to hold, tear down, etc. In the past we usually stay at the Staybridge or Holiday Inn on S. Manchester.

Looking around the only hotel in the area that is near the main entrance that is under $100/night is the Carousel... but reviews are ALL OVER THE PLACE on this property.

Basically I need a room with two Queen beds, walking distance to the parks, and not too expensive... Kid friendly, quiet... and we're now driving, so parking is needed.

Yes, I tried the Hojo, and as usual the Discount is either not available, or a whole $5/night off, which still makes it in the $140/night + tax and fees. (I try every time and never seem to get a deal on this property).

• Embrace the kitsch!

Re: Carousel Inn vs. Red Lion, my D23 Expo Plans changed, need reviews/help.

Try the Best Western Anaheim Inn. It's on Disney Way, about a block from the esplanade.

Yeah, I used to stay in the Carousel all the time, but they've gotten pricey and on top of that, they slap you w/ a $10/ day parking fee.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    Try the Best Western Anaheim Inn. It's on Disney Way, about a block from the esplanade.

Yeah, I used to stay in the Carousel all the time, but they've gotten pricey and on top of that, they slap you w/ a $10/ day parking fee.
    No rooms that fit at the Anaheim, just a Double Bed... my feet hang over doubles. Need 2 Queens... none available. =-(

• Banned User

I can't help you till after next week. We are staying at the Carousel Inn from 7/24-7/28. We got a great rate without using priceline this time. I got a concierge level room with 2 queens at Carousel for $119 a night. We're really excited, we have never stayed this close before besides the DL Hotel and we're excited to just literally walk across the street, no parking structures or trams...

Included with our room are 2 quiznos breakfast sandwhiches and no matter what type of room you get you get free continental breakfast in the mornings. There is a $10 parking fee but I heard its valet parking and most hotels in the area charge a resort or parking fee. This hotel also have pretty good and recent reviews on tripadvisor.com.

I'll be more than happy to tell you about our trip and our stay next week.

Well... doesn't matter... no more rooms available on my dates.

• Banned User

oh, sorry to hear that...guess you're stuck with your original hotel after all.

Red Lion so far is okay... the A/C units are very loud, and the halls are so warm you have to run them all of the time. Clean place, and overall quiet (I'm on the side facing Toy Story). The jumping on the Toy Story shuttles is quite easy. (about a 2-3 min walk).