hotel rooms for a family of six?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but when I did a search and it sent me to WDW listings. Anyone know of any hotels near Disneyland that can accommodate a family of six? We stayed a few years ago at the Hampton Suites by Hilton and it was 2 bedrooms and a kitchen area with living room with a pull out couch and that was perfect for us. Unfortunately the staff there tells me they don't have any rooms like that available (we were told way back then that a lot of the bigger suites were taken up by corporate customers). We're planning on going over Christmas and while I, myself, am handicapped with a leg amputation, a handicap suite is not a priority. Thanks to all for any help.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: hotel rooms for a family of six?

I know they do at the Grand Californian Hotel, but that's just a little expensive.

Otherwise, no- sorry. I don't know of any others.

Best Western Raffles Inn has bunkbed rooms that feature a main hotel room with two queen beds, and a full bath, and french doors to a smaller room that has a bunkbed, a sofa sleeper and another full bath. Stayed there in 2006. A little farther from the park, walking wasn't bad, but the shuttle wasn't bad either. It had a continental breakfast that I remember being decent and a Denny's right next store.

Too far from California! In Calgary, AB, Canada

Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate is a great place! They are just east of GardenWalk and have two bedroom suites (each with their own bathroom), pullout sofabeds, full kitchens and buffet breakfasts. I've stayed there a few times and would gladly go back again. You are looking at over $200 a night + taxes, but we felt it was worth it. The suites are roomy and no one felt like they were stepping over anyone to get around, and the staff were friendly and helpful. There are steps to climb to get to the two-bedroom suites, so that might be a drawback for you. Their website shows photos of what they look like outside.

I stayed at Residence Inn Garden Grove once and I can't recommend it. The staff were indifferent, the suite not clean (my bed had hair on the sheets and I had yet to sleep in it, just for starters!), and the breakfast was always running out of food with the attendants slow to restock. The suite looked like it needed some repairs, the toilet ran constantly, and there just wasn't enough room for us all. To get out of one of the bedrooms with the sofabed pulled out, you had to CLIMB OVER the sofabed, waking whoever was sleeping there. Anyway, I wouldn't stay there again. I hope this helps.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I think HoJo's has family suites, and Quality Inn on Manchester has family suites with bunk beds. I'm not sure of the prices however, you would have to call for prices and availability, since they normally don't list those rooms on travel search sites like kayak. HoJo's also gives a discount to MiceChatters since they are a partner.

Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel

Anaheim, CA Hotel - Quality Inn & Suites near Disneyland - Anaheim Hotels

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Minion

Residence Inn Maingate is my first choice. LOVE the staff, rooms, breakfast.... I would go with a 1 bedroom suite. It has 2 queens in the bedroom and a sofa sleeper. I usually get it for about $160. The 2 bedroom (has 3 queens and a sofa sleeper) goes for $300 most nights. They also have penthouse suites for about $230 which have a king in an upstairs room, and 2 queens or a bunk in the downstairs bedroom and a sofa sleeper...

There is also the Resort Suite at the Carousel Inn and Suites or you can get connecting rooms at Hojos. And there is a "family suite" at the Camelot. It depends on "quality" you are looking for. Also Desert Inn has rooms that sleep up to 10.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• For You!

We like the residence too - but the Doubletree Suites was where we just stayed. Two queens and a front room with a pull out couch. There wasn't a kitchen, but a fridge and microwave and 2 tv's one in each room.

It was very nice and we really liked the staff. There is an ART stop right out in front of the hotel if you don't want to walk the block and a half.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Staybridge Suites on Manchester... They have a two room suite... it's really 3 rooms, one room with two doubles, one room with a Queen (both have their own bathroom) and a Family/Kitchen room between them with a pull-out queen sofa bed. Technically it sleeps 8. Oh, and you get a full Fridge, Microwave, Stove, and Oven to boot! (3 TV's also!) It's clean, and well run... and the price is quite good (I think I paid $120/night a year ago). Also they have one of the best ART routes.. really just them and the Holiday Inn (same owner/property) on a single bus. (The Quality is also, but I never see anyone get on/off from there).

I've stayed there twice with my in-laws and my twin boys... hard to beat for a big group.

• Dreams do come true

I work for Embassy Suites and I must say I LOVE the room set up. It's great for the family and you can bring food and snack. They have the comp breakfasts in the morning and although you wont probably be in the hotel they also have a "Managers Reception" which is free drinks and light snacks times differ from location. Even if I stop working for the company I will continue to stay just because of the rooms and the service. Good luck and have fun!!!

Here are a list of ones
    Portofino inn-we are staying here 2012
    la quinta inn and suites
    carousel inn and suites
    desert palms hotel and suite
    tropicana suites
    staybridge
    residence inn
    castle inn and suites
    desert inn and suites
    hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but when I did a search and it sent me to WDW listings. Anyone know of any hotels near Disneyland that can accommodate a family of six? We stayed a few years ago at the Hampton Suites by Hilton and it was 2 bedrooms and a kitchen area with living room with a pull out couch and that was perfect for us. Unfortunately the staff there tells me they don't have any rooms like that available (we were told way back then that a lot of the bigger suites were taken up by corporate customers). We're planning on going over Christmas and while I, myself, am handicapped with a leg amputation, a handicap suite is not a priority. Thanks to all for any help.
    Have you tried www.roomfor5.co.uk ? They have loads of family rooms in the whole of the USA that can sleep big families of 5 or more. To find them for 6, look for the 5+ symbol

Another idea... check with tripadvisor and vrbo.com and look for a vacation rental home nearby... there are quite a few. You can find 3BR homes within walking distance sometimes.

We always stay right across the street at the best western anahiem inn. Reasonable price some big rooms very close to entrence

• Embrace the kitsch!

Have you considered just getting two adjoining rooms? I went through this last month for an anime con and found that at most hotels, "suite" simply means there's a living room added onto the bedroom. Few hotels actually have 2 bedroom suites. I ended up getting two rooms (since a second bedroom was what we really needed).
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member