Our family has been regular visitors to the Disneyland Resort for the past several years since my son was four. He is eight, almost nine now and we make trips from northern California three to five times a year. Previously I had been there a few times as a child, teenager and adult. But for my review, I'll be concentrating on our visits since 2007.

We've had the most stays at the Grand Californian and Paradise Pier. Both are great hotels and we do not have a single complaint. Both have provided us with top notch service and have more than met our expectations. Even went beyond. If you're looking for the total Disney vacation experience, I highly recommend either one.

Another group of hotels we've stayed at are the two Best Westerns across the street. The Anaheim Inn and the Park Place Inn. Both are nice hotels. Nothing spetacular, but nice clean safe places to sleep or rest when you're not in the parks. And within a comfortable walking distance.

The hotel we stayed at one our families first visit together in 2007 was the Anaheim Marriott Suites about a mile from Disneyland. By far the worst hotel experience I've ever had. Anywhere. The first couple days were fine until we went to put a few things in our Suburban the night before leaving to come home. Walked up to my Suburban which was in the closest valet spot to the back exit door and noticed it have been broken into. While in full view of the valet staff, the door was damaged and the interior torn apart. All the electronics inside were stolen and anything in the way to getting those components out was destroyed. To this day, something the head valet said leads me to believe me that some of the valets had something to do with it. When we gave the Suburban to the valet to park it, my sons child seat was buckled in the rear seat. When the police got there and opened up the doors, the child seat wasn't where we left it. I was already pretty upset and seeing that my childs car seat was missing upset me even more. At that time the head valet told me it was ok, the seat was in the back of the Suburban. At that point, the rear hatch hadn't been opened yet. How did he know it was back there? Needless to say, we didnt stay that final night. After the police finished their work, we checked out and left for home.

My insurance covered all the damages and stolen equipment. But sadly, one of the main things my son remembers from his first trip to Disneyland is what happened the last day.

So my suggeston is not to stay at that hotel.