Anaheim Plaza Hotel

So this will be my first time staying here. I got a decent deal of 59 per night. How far is it from Carrousel Inn (this is where I usually stay because its right across the street from the crosswalk. Does anyone have an input and how is their continental bfast? Thanks so much!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Anaheim Plaza Hotel

I've stayed at the Anaheim Plaza twice. Its been a while since I stayed there... maybe 3 years but I liked it and never had any issues there. It is an older place, but the rooms were clean and of all the places I've stayed in Anaheim, their rooms are probably the most... roomy with the exception of maybe the Ramada Plaza that is around the corner from them.

When I stayed there they didn't have a continental breakfast. I just looked at their website and it shows pictures of a breakfast buffet, but it doesn't say anything about it being complementary. And the pictures show pancakes, bacon, eggs, tons of fruits... they may be using the Mi Casita Bar and Grill facility on premises for the breakfast.

Its a pretty easy walk to the park but it is farther down on Harbor. Its roughly right across the street from the Candy Cane Inn. This shows you basically where it is in relation to the park entrance. Its maybe a 15 or so minute walk to the park. Even at night at park closing I was never uncomfortable walking back alone since Harbor is a very busy street and there were always lots of other people out walking.

The pictures on their website looks like they may have done some upgrading and remodeling to the rooms since I stayed there last. Be sure and post here after you stay and let us know what you thought of it and how the breakfast was!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

I'm staying there for a 2nd time this coming weekend. it's a neat little place.

ground floor rooms have a neat little fenced private backyard you can hang out in.

it's cheaper than most other hotels that close to the park,

IMO it's only an 8-10 minute walk atmost for a healthy adult.

I ditto the 8-10 minute brisk walk. When I stayed the breakfast wasn't included, but kids ate free with a paying adult. The food was good, eggs, made to order waffles, fruit, cereal, juice, etc. It's an older property but our room was large and clean. The pool is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by pitter_patter View Post
    I ditto the 8-10 minute brisk walk. When I stayed the breakfast wasn't included, but kids ate free with a paying adult. The food was good, eggs, made to order waffles, fruit, cereal, juice, etc. It's an older property but our
    room was large and clean. The pool is huge.
    How much was the adult price? Thanks for all your guys' insight

I don't remember, I think it was $9.99 so we figured at $5 each (once you count two adults and two free kids) it was a good deal.

I used to think that Anaheim Plaza was a great deal and stayed there a few times. But then I brought back some bedbugs. It would have been cheaper to stay at the Grand Californian that visit because of the cost to exterminate the bedbugs.

even the best hotels can have bed bugs. if you search, there is reports of them even at the candy cany inn as recently as march.

• Minion

I just came back from a stay at the Anaheim Plaza. I thought it was a great hotel for the money. The rooms were clean and quiet, the breakfast buffet was great (I posted a reiview in the restuarants forum).

• Blow me to Bermuda!

We've stayed there once before as well. We thought it was fine and wouldn't hesitate to book there again. It's been several years though as I can usually get HOJO at the WC rate or Desert Inn for a little more and is a good bit closer. The others were on track with 8-10 minute walk. I think I have pics of our room if you want to see them.

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

We always stay at the Anaheim Plaza. Never had any problems or complaints. The rooms are roomy and clean. they have a breakfast buffet that is really good. I think we only payed 9.95 the last time we were there. It is all you can eat an a really good bargain. We usually do breakfast there at least twice or more. It is an older place but really clean and staff is usually very friendly and very helpful. The walk is an easy one like everybody said about 10 minutes or so. We rarely stay anywhere else anymore.

thanks for the reviews, we are staying here Nov 7-9th. we always stay at Ramada Maingate, but their prices just shot up, pricing us out of the market.
    if i cant be a good example, let me be a horrible warning