Hilton Anaheim Hotel any good?

Is the Hilton Anaheim Hotel (next to convention center) a decent place to stay? In the past we stayed at one of the resort hotels, but this is about 4x cheaper. We are going for 2 nights in October. I have a decent discount and it seemed quite close. How long does the shuttle take from there? It says every 20 minutes but longer than that we could walk it seems.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Hilton Anaheim Hotel any good?

It's a good hotel, but usually a bit more expensive than it should be. If you are planning to visit Disneyland, you might try HoJo, Anabella, Carrousel, or Candy Cane Inn. If you are going to a convention then Hilton would likely be most convenient for you.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

I used to stay there every time we needed to stay overnight. My only complaints are distance and parking. The distance issue is almost moot, since you'll probably be walking around most of the day anyway, but at the end of the night, a 20-30 minute walk can be pretty taxing when you just want to be DONE. Also, parking overnight at the hotel will cost you $15. It's not that bad, but feels a little exploitative/pricey when other hotels closer to the park offer $4 overnight parking. :\

It's not that expensive, I've nabbed rooms for $55 on weekends before. It's definitely a "nice" hotel, compared to others.

I've never stayed at the Hilton Anaheim, but in June we stayed at the Marriott. It's about a 10 minute walk to the front gates and super close to lots of restaurants (we were on one of the top floors and had an awesome view of the park.) It also has Disney-themed rooms which is kind of fun. We stayed in a Pirates of the Caribbean room. =) It's not quite as magical as the Disneyland Hotel but for the price difference it was definitely worth it. I don't know how your discount at the Hilton will compare but it might be worth checking it out.

Anaheim Disneyland Resort Hotel | Fairfield Inn Disneyland Hotel

We have been staying there since DCA opened up and we love it. We always get a room with a Disney view (usually $140 to $240 a nite depending). We can see all of both parks and it's a great view of the fireworks. You can even see Tinkerbell fly! Some rooms also have a view of the back of WOC and you can see some of the fireworks from F! The rooms are nice and the restaurants are good for breakfast and dinner. There is also a small food court type place and a Starbucks (go figure) inside.

We skip the walk and the shuttle. A cab is about 10 bucks including the tip. Have them take you to the GCH instead of the Harbour entrance.

Our only downfall is we haven't been in the parks at night hardly at all anymore. We always opt for a nice dinner and get to the room by the time the fireworks start. When they end WOC starts.

The money we save NOT staying on property pays for as many cab rides as we want. Plus, sometimes it's nice to get away from everything Disney.

• Cast Member

It is a very nice hotel. If you are getting good rates it means there are no conventions going on and they want to fill up the hotel.

I was thinking of the Disney View room, but since we will be in the park till at or near closing we wont really need the view. We are only going for 2 nights, and will probably be in DCA the 2nd night until they close. Good tip about the cab, thats only about $2 more than paying for 2 adults on the shuttle. Do cabs line up around midnight where the shuttles drop off by DCA or the GCH?

• AKA: Indyiluvu

We stayed there durring the D23 Expo and it was great! We went to the park one day and took the anaheim resort bus which was great as you buy one ticket and get to use the bus all day.
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• Minion

Relatively good as long as your neighbors are quiet. The soundproofing there is almost non-existent.

yes...there is always a cab line with plenty of cabs at GCH and at the Hilton. Sometimes they are not happy about the short fare but, Hey, that's life!

It is a nice hotel we enjoyed our stay there last summer. The rooms are modern, comfortable and nice. The shuttle doesn't take long, it is definitely worth it to take it as it will take you right to the entrance. My only gripe about this hotel is the parking fee being $15 a night is very high. The breakfast in the morning is amazing though and a great way to start the day before Disneyland.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Stayed there a few years ago. Pretty nice, rooms are spacious, although the pocket door on the bathroom seemed quite odd. I had a partial view of the fireworks from my room, so that was kinda nice. Starbucks is downstairs, but can get a bit busy if you go at the wrong time. I believe they close early, like around 6pm. Parking is a bit steep at $15 a day but it is in an actual garage so its covered and their is a security guard there. I enjoyed my stay there and would stay again. I believe they have their own shuttle to Disneyland.