Anyone been to Disneyland Hotel recently??

We're planning to stay at Disneyland Hotel in mid-October. I've been trying to see what the status of the Hotel contruction etc. is - I have seen other complaints on Expedia that people are having to walk farther than usual to avoid construction, it's loud during the day, etc., but those reviews were made several months ago.... What's it like right now?

Also, we're totally looking forward to the monorail waterslide, but I read that the neverland pool is closed right now...I just wanted to know if there is ANY pool on resort property that's open, separate from the waterslides? I heard something about a cove pool?

Also, any tips for scoring one of those beautiful new renovated rooms?

Also! We'll be checking in quite late that night so does that hurt our chances for getting a great room? (should we come in the next afternoon instead? We're flexible)

thanks for any help you could provide!
    Rebecca

• Johnny and Me!

Re: Anyone been to Disneyland Hotel recently??

Quote Originally Posted by redheadmomma View Post
    I have seen other complaints on Expedia that people are having to walk farther than usual to avoid construction, it's loud during the day, etc., but those reviews were made several months ago.... What's it like right now?
    There is still some construction going on, so a few walkways are blocked, but it's not as bad as it used to be.

Also, we're totally looking forward to the monorail waterslide, but I read that the neverland pool is closed right now...I just wanted to know if there is ANY pool on resort property that's open, separate from the waterslides? I heard something about a cove pool?
    The "D" Ticket Pool is open. It's a long, somewhat narrow pool. There is also a small wading pool.

Also, any tips for scoring one of those beautiful new renovated rooms?
    All of the rooms in the hotel have been renovated, so that should not be a problem.

I was actually just there this past weekend. The rooms are all pretty much done so you will get a new room. The construction isn't very loud either, maybe on the 1st floor you can hear it a little but I was on the third floor of the adventure tower, which is right next to the construction, and I didn't really hear anything in the morning when we were in the room.

The E-ticket pool, formerly known as the Neverland pool, is still under construction but a decent sized pool, the D-ticket pool, is open. There is also the monorail water slide and a spa. Be warned that it will get crowded. I went around sunset when it was cooling down thinking not too many people would be there but it was still pretty crowded. I heard that you can use the pool at the Grand Californian due to this overcrowding but i'm not positive on this.

I don't believe checking in at night will be a problem at all. You might get a room that's higher up on the towers but all the rooms are amazing now that the room renovation is done.

The construction doesn't really cause any huge detours anymore. The only one I could see was that we had to walk to the side of adventure tower for the pool rather than just exit behind it but it's honestly not that big of a walk unless you are staying at the fantasy tower. Even then its manageable.

All in all the new rooms are definitely exciting and worth the stay. It was my first time staying at the hotels and I absolutely loved it.
    Plain and simple, I love Disney.
    Pin Collector since 2008.
    Annual Pass Owner Since 2007
    Favorite Ride Quote: "R2! Lightspeed to Endor!"

^ Thanks for the info albie! I can't wait to be there in December. We've always stayed at the DLH and I even made reservations at the GCH and switched back to the DLH because it's become tradition for my family to stay there during our vacation. I don't mind staying at other properties (off or on-property) and we have stayed in other hotels, but the DLH really makes it extra special.