Hi. My friend and I will be making our first trip ever to Disneyland next year. We plan to be in the area from 9/29/12 - 10/4/12. We were thinking of staying at the Quality Inns and Suites near the park or Ramada Inn Maingate. If we could get a good rate, we'd consider the Howard Johnson or Best Western PLUS Anaheim Inn. So that leads to our questions:
1) As far as the Quality Inns & Suites and Ramada Inn Maingate, are they considered good hotels for their price? Are the rooms clean? Are the beds comfortable? How is the staff?
2) I've read that you can get up to 50% off a room at the Howard Johnson near the park if you have the card from the Entertainment coupon book. Is this true and, if so, is there a way to find out what kind of price I could get on the days we'll be there if we don't currently have a book?
3) Outside of AAA and the 15% discount on HoJo that you can get through this site, are there any other discounts available for any of these four hotels.
4) Is there any particular time that it would be better to book to save some money (i.e., book sooner, wait until closer to the dates, etc)
5) Would it offer us better savings to book the hotel and Disneyland tickets through a Disneyland vacation package, or book each separately.
Sorry for the length of this post and thank you to anyone who can offer any help.