• Laughing Place Finder

Fairfield Inn Anaheim - Anybody with recent reviews, info or advice?

I booked a flight and hotel package through Virgin America for me and my 10 year-old daughter that included 5 nights at the Fairfield Inn on Harbor Blvd across from the Disneyland entrance plaza / shuttle stops. ($780 all in for flight from Seattle and hotel if anybody was curious.)

Does anybody have experience staying at this hotel over the last year or so? If you can share your impressions, tips or advice on staying here it would be great to know what to expect. We'll be there Nov 25th through the 30th. Thanks in advance!

Also got a great deal at the LAX Alamo car rental. Ford Fusion or similar car for 6 days for $70 + $30 in taxes and airport/tourism fees.
    Last edited by Darth Mickey; 11-23-2011 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Added rental car info
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

• Under that tree again!

Re: Fairfield Inn Anaheim - Anybody with recent reviews, info or advice?

You might reconsider that car rental. $100 is a lot of money for rental when walking to the parks will only take several minutes. And you could take super shuttle or prime time shuttle for less money and let them drive.

They have some redone Disney style rooms now, but I'm guessing that since you did a package you are getting a standard room. You might ask for a park view room when you check in, but again this may not be in the cards when you arrive. Also the hallways are on the exterior so if you are looking out at Space Mountain somone may walk right in front of you.

For food it has a Pizza Hut right inside the hotel. Also you can sort of order room service from Millie's which is in the parking lots, and some people love and some hate Millie's. The McDonald's you will walk by going to and from the parks is a likely dining option. The link has a 10% off coupon for McDs. Anaheim/Orange County Visitor Coupons | Anaheim/Orange County - Visitor Information

Don't expect it to be as nice as the other locations you have stayed in. It's very decent and you will enjoy the close proximity.

• Laughing Place Finder

Thanks for the info. Yeah I'm not expecting anything much better than an avergae Best Western or Holiday Inn. My daughter and I were close to booking the Holiday Inn on Walnut since we really enjoyed our stay there last time but the Fairfield Inn was a lot cheaper and we decided this one time it would be nice to not have to take any shuttle buses or looong hikes and walk over instead.

As for the car rental I should have mentioned that it is more for a few side trips up to the S.F. Valley we'll need to make during our trip. We will definitely need the rental car and that $100 rate over 6 days from Alamo is pretty awesome for a long holiday weekend like this.

As for dining we'll skip Millie's and hit Mimi's Cafe instead. We love it there and I printed out the free breakfast coupon from their e-club. Thanks for the reminder on the Anaheim Visitor Coupons. I'm sure we'll pass through McDonald's a few times before we're through. We'll also head over to Target at Harbor and Chapman to stock up on sodas, cereal and sundries.

Thanks for the info and have a Happy Thanksgiving.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

MMmmm I love Mimi's. We also always eat there. I don't know what Millies is. Thanks for the coupon tip!