Concierge level at Paradise Pier? Worth the extra $$

I am planning a little get away to San Diego with my husband and our infant son (he will be 17.5 months at the time of the trip). We are going to hit up Disneyland for 2 days and I was thinking about staying at a Disney property. The price isn't too bad for the Paradise Pier hotel, but I was wondering if anyone has ever used the concierge level? Is it worth the extra $$? Its about $50 per day extra...

• Under that tree again!

Re: Concierge level at Paradise Pier? Worth the extra $$

I haven't stayed CL at the PPH. I have read some reviews on it and considered it.

A simple pro for CL is it remedies a common problem at the PPH the elevator isn't full at the top but may not have room for more passengers at lower floors.

While the concierge attending the room is mostly helpful I have heard of a few case were service was minimal.

The park view rooms are nice.

The food is ok, simple fare, not a special breakfast. But grabbing some cereal and bottled water or milk may be helpful in your case.

With a child that young is the GCH an option? Sometimes GCH standard is close to the PPH CL price. Being closer to the parks may be a benefit if you go back to the room often.

Actually have you booked or looked into calling the travel center about a stay in San diego? Yes we do book san diego too. Ask about the city pass also. Check out this site Southern California CityPass looking at just the main page it is wrong, at least while booking with Disney in 2011 you get both zoo attractions in San diego, in 2012 you get neither.

As for the rooms in the CON level for they are beautiful and have GREAT views. There are actually TWO levels of concierge service a Premium and a standard. The standards has rooms view of the pools and are on the 9th/10th floor Primum over looks Disney California Adventure..

The beach comber Club is really nice. You are able to sign out Dvds if you wish. Nightly turn-down service,wine and cheese reception from 5-7pm, and all day in that room there are bottles of water and soda and snacks that you can take into the park with you. Do i think its worth it, YES i do. The service you get is top notch and anything you ever need the CM's will get it for you. Forgot to do prioerty seating for the Napa rose before you left,

• Minion

I have stayed on the Concierge level at Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel several times.

There are a few choices when it comes to the CL level at Paradise Pier. You can stay on the CL level rooms which are on the 3rd floor, which is also the pool level. (The Lounge is on the 2nd floor) These rooms do have outdoor patios and face the pool. (No park view) It is really nice to go to the lounge and load up on food for breakfast, then bring it back to the room and sit out on the patio to enjoy a leisurely breakfast. The food is pretty standard muffins, pastries and fruits and cereal. There is milk, juices, water , coffee and sodas as well.

You can also choose one of the upper level rooms with a park view (at an extra price) and still have access to the concierge lounge on the second floor. The view from these rooms is really nice at night and you can watch World of Color from there while listening to the music on the tv.

The drawbacks of both of these level rooms is that the lounge is on the second floor and no matter what you do, you have to use an elevator to get to the lounge. (if you pick the 3rd floor room, use the stairs, it's faster)

The main problem I have that really bugs me about it is trying to get food in the morning. The elevators in Paradise Pier are horribly slow and extremely crowded in the morning. I've been on the 4th floor and had to wait 45 minutes for an elevator. I had a bunch of luggage or I would have taken the stairs. If you are on an upper floor, it isn't bad because the elevators drop people off on the 1st floor, then go all the way to the top floor to pick people up. If you are on a lower level floor and need to take the elevator in the morning, PUSH THE UP BUTTON and ride it all the way to the top, then back down. It's the only way. Of course you get stared at and dirty looks from the people on every floor when it stops and the doors open to show the crowd of people who have been waiting a full elevator once again.

If you aren't in a hurry to get food and into the parks in the morning and want to relax and enjoy yourself before heading into the park or if you want to enjoy easy access to the pool, I do recommend staying on the CL Pool level.

As far as the extra $50.00, the real question is can you eat that much free food and drink to make it worthwhile. If you don't use your patio or eat that much free food, there is no reason to pay the extra price. There really isn't any other benefits that are of note.

Hope that helps.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

Thank you everyone! Great advice.

Kevin Noty: I have not called the travel center for the trip to San Diego... I have done some research on TripAdvisor. Forgive me- where do I find a phone number? Is it the travel center for Disney or Universal Studio's (the link provided?). I am pretty sure I know where we want to stay in San Diego, but I have not booked yet...

ok, actually DRTC (Disney Resort Travel Company ) in CA, can help you book hotels and different attractions in and around San Diego as well as LA and OC. We even have hotels from Economy to Suites to offer you. Basically they are other hotel places that we contract with to allow us to sell them. We hold them to the same Disney standards you've come to expect from our hotels.
    Its the travel company for Walt Disney (to answer your question as im pretty much going question to question so i dont miss anything lol) 714- 520-5060.
    The link I provided is something you would ask them to explain better to you on the phone. But as you can see its a DL 3 day hopper pass and you get 3 other parks with it( im sorry im a bit back and forth on the details of this but im NEW and still in training and not 100% sure what it offers or costs.)

Give them a call, I wish i could tell you that you could ask for a certain Reservation agent but you cant, remember if you dont understand anything, ask them to explain it. But looking at the prices of booking those things on our own(hotel's, disney tickets etc) it was a better deal going through the travel company, but hey like i said im new so im not 100%.

Let me know how things go for you.

K

---------- Post added 11-30-2011 at 10:06 PM ----------

ok, actually DRTC (Disney Resort Travel Company ) in CA, can help you book hotels and different attractions in and around San Diego as well as LA and OC. We even have hotels from Economy to Suites to offer you. Basically they are other hotel places that we contract with to allow us to sell them. We hold them to the same Disney standards you've come to expect from our hotels.<br>Its the travel company for Walt Disney (to answer your question as im pretty much going question to question so i dont miss anything lol) 714- 520-5060.<br>The link I provided is something you would ask them to explain better to you on the phone. But as you can see its a DL 3 day hopper pass and you get 3 other parks with it( im sorry im a bit back and forth on the details of this but im NEW and still in training and not 100% sure what it offers or costs.)<br><br>Give them a call, I wish i could tell you that you could ask for a certain Reservation agent but you cant, remember if you dont understand anything, ask them to explain it.&nbsp; But looking at the prices of booking those things on our own(hotel's, disney tickets etc) it was a better deal going through the travel company, but hey like i said im new so im not 100%.<br><br><br>Let me know how things go for you.<br><br>K

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Noty View Post
    Ask about the city pass also. Check out this site Southern California CityPass looking at just the main page it is wrong, at least while booking with Disney in 2011 you get both zoo attractions in San diego, in 2012 you get neither.
    If the OP is interested and to help you Kevin as well. Citypass worked something out with the zoo.

You can add to the base 2012 SoCal Citypass at $279A, $239C which includes a 3 day PH to DL, 1 day Universal Studios and 1 day Sea World Ticket, an option. For $311A and $263C it includes the choice of a day at either the SD Zoo or SD Safari park.

You can buy these at the gates but need to use them at that spot first. Through third parties you often have to first use it at DL. If bought directly through citypass you can start at any of thier locations.

IIrc our deal includes the zoos up untill2012 and then those two get removed. But I'm heading in to work now and will post again on my break with exactly what u get though us.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Noty View Post
    IIrc our deal includes the zoos up untill2012 and then those two get removed. But I'm heading in to work now and will post again on my break with exactly what u get though us.
    The information I posted is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    You can add to the base 2012 SoCal Citypass at $279A, $239C which includes a 3 day PH to DL, 1 day Universal Studios and 1 day Sea World Ticket, an option. For $311A and $263C it includes the choice of a day at either the SD Zoo or SD Safari park.
    This is the 2012 SoCAl CityPasses available^^^^

Click to the 2012 tab at the right, for the zoo/safari option it's at the bottom of the main picture. Official Southern California CityPASS® | 5 Theme Parks for $276

Another good option when the citypass doesn't work because you don't plan to visit all the parks included are Go Cards.
    Go San Diego Card - 55% Off 48+ San Diego Attractions and Tours

The San Diego go card might be a up our alley. We want to hit the zoo, and Legoland, and maybe Sea World... We really only have time for 1 or 2 days a Disneyland, and are going to skip Universal this trip.

Thank you both for all the helpful info...

Funny thing is, I still haven't decided on CL or not! haha

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by klowvah View Post
    The San Diego go card might be a up our alley. We want to hit the zoo, and Legoland, and maybe Sea World... We really only have time for 1 or 2 days a Disneyland, and are going to skip Universal this trip.

Thank you both for all the helpful info...

Funny thing is, I still haven't decided on CL or not! haha
    If you are thinking Legoland, look in or sign up for Lego Club magzines. There is a buy an adult get a child ticket offer in them.