Thread: Hilton Anaheim

The Third Scene in Soarin' Over California

Hilton Anaheim

Hello MiceChat,

This is my first post on here and I was just wondering if any of you could give me a current review on the Hilton in Anaheim. I will be going to Disneyland on the 30th and 31st of December. I'm hoping that at least a few of you have been there and have some information about the hotel. Would you recommend it? If not, what would you recommend?

• Under that tree again!

Re: Hilton Anaheim

I fine the Hilton Anheim to be a typical Hilton if you are familiar with the chain. Rooms are a little bigger than most hotels and appointments through out the hotel are nice. It is certainly a business hotel, geared to convention goers, not to DLR visitors.

I like it because you can get great rates for a Hilton, when there is not a convention or through priceline. If you get a DL view it's awesome if you are in the room during fireworks.

The problem is parking is $15 and this can increase a priceline bid a bunch. It's not close, walking is far and you rely on ART shuttles. You can walk into the Toy Story lot and take thier shuttles. It's not kid friendly, not unfriendly but is a business first hotel.

I'd stay if you can get a screeming deal, or if you must stay in a nice chain hotel. If not I would suggest staying on Harbor across from the parks. The hotels are small, old, and sometimes pricey for what they are, but all walking distance close.

Thanks for the answer. So I guess the question now is if this would better a better deal in your view to go here over the DoubleTree in Anaheim? This would probably a second choice. Glad to hear that the Hilton Anaheim is nice though. That's one of the main reasons why I chose it.

• Under that tree again!

The Double Tree rates really well though I haven't stayed there.

If you are willing to stay further away I'd suggest considering the Ayres Hotel. It's very, very nice, and includes a good, hot breakfast. It is a small chain but I promise it's a great place to stay. It's located near the Honda Center where the Anheim Ducks play hockey. I'd suggest looking into this place, it's often overlooked.

If you don't need something of Hilton or Double Tree standards, you might try the Fairfield Inn. It is a bit below Fairfield Inn standards, but easy walking to the parks. If you are ok with the rooms being a bit plain and not plush, it may be a good option. It offers some onsite dining locations, rooms service from a restaurant that is in the parking lot. It has some newer remodeled Disney themed rooms and some rooms that face Space Mountain. For short visit during a busy time staying closer may be much more convinient.

I have stayed at that Hilton and found it very nice. Ask for a Disney View so you can watch the fireworks when you are in the room. The walk is about a 15 min walk. The hotel itself is renovated and you may find the bathroom doors a little strange as they slide and not lock. Other than that we found the beds comfortable and the service great. We are Hilton Honours members and get excellent service. The elevators will be slow as there are lots of guests. If you get one that is going the opposit direction, get on as it will be quicker in the long run. For only one night, it is worth it.

^Thank you. I'm a bit questionable about a few things though. Slow elevators? Really? In a buisiness hotel? It seemed pretty tall from pictures. I'd rather go to a hotel that can at least have proper amenities like elevators that travel at decent speed for a buildings height. I'm not saying I expect a lightning fast elevators (even though most tall hotels have something like that by now) but it should at least not be considered "slow" for a building trhat has more that five floors.

• Under that tree again!

The building isn't brand new, but it's not an antique either.

The elevators move at an average speed, not a slow speed. It's the loading and unloading of families and strollers that makes the elevators seem slow.

It's a con but I wouldn't make this a deciding factor.

• Pilot EdForceOne

big rooms - typical business hotel. Paid parking if you have a car. Walk is brisk to the parks, shuttle is an alternative.

Nice hotel if you get it cheap, but no reason to seek it out unless you want to relive your business travel memories.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

^Thanks. I believe I have an idea of what to expect now. What's the hours for the shuttle and how reliable is it?

• Under that tree again!

Schedules for ART | Anaheim Resort Transit

In the routes, you can take #4 which has the Hilton stop, but a couple others go with 150 feet to the Marriot and Convention Center, so there are options.
    Route Map | Anaheim Resort Transit