Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Carousel Inn question

Thinking of booking at the Carousel Inn this year in July. Has anyone stayed there recently? We just want a clean room and bed, nothing special. Not planning on spending lots of time in room, too much to see and do at DL. If you stay over 4 nights get a 20% discount on price, what a deal!!! Any concerns from past stays? I could use any help.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Carousel Inn question

It's been about 10 years since we've been there. Last time there, it was clean.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Sock Puppet

It is a very nice hotel, I stayed there with friends one night who were visiting from the Bay Area and it was gorgeous, the bed linen is to die for you fall into the bed and sleep. The decor is stunning and very POSH. I most def reccommend this hotel.

• Banned User

We stayed here in July because of the 30% off promotion too and the fact it's so easy to walk back and forth to the parks. We stayed in a club room and I really liked the fact that all of those rooms had a microwave and a mini fridge, especially if you have kids. And free continental breakfast.

I'm copying the review I posted on TripAdvisor. Hope this helps. But omg, yes, as castmemberpad said the beds and linens were absolute heaven.

We picked Carousel after good reviews and its VERY close proximity to Disneyland. We normally use Priceline to get hotels for $40-$65 a night but with these hotels you might get a hotel that is quite far away from the park or might get stuck with a dud.

We've never stayed this close to the resort and walked back and fourth everyday except for our last night at the park.

I guess we had been a little spoiled and kind of prefer indoor/multi-floor hotels where you actually walk though indoor hallways and use elevators (we live in Vegas). Carousel is all outdoor and the main tower has I believe 4 or 5 floors but there are only 2 elevators there. We were in the Club rooms and they are only 2 floors with only stairs. This to me kinda makes it seem like the older model apartment buildings but they have very limited space and even less parking space. It wasnt too much of an issue though and we had a corner room with cute little rod iron table and chairs right outside our room which we used quite a bit for sitting outside to eat and chat.

Like I said, we had a Concierge Club Room in the back, with our own covered parking spaces. The rooms are very nice decor wise and the bathroom area is upgraded with nice shower heads and marble. The rooms were much smaller than I had thought though based on their website pictures - those pics are extremely well taken and it looks like your getting a huge room and its just a standard size hotel room. I had two favorite things about this hotel...microwave and fridge are standard and the beds, pillows and sheets were heaven!!!!! The air conditioning worked great and you can't beat free continental breakfast. They don't have eggs and pancakes but you do get drinks, donuts, cereals and a variety of toast, bagels and croissants. The 1 day we went to the breakfast it was satisfying until lunch time. It baffles me the people who know its free continental and complain because there wasnt a selection of bacon and eggs.

We had a few minor issues with the hotel but for the most part they weren't that bad or taken care of after we called the front desk.
    1. Our bathroom sink was draining very slow and pretty clogged but after a quick call, maintenance was up shortly and it wound up being taken care of by the time we got back from the park.
    2. The ice machine by the club rooms was not working the whole stay and since who knows when so my son had to go the main tower on the 2nd floor to get ice. (I didn't report this till our last day upon check-out though). I wonder if it has been fixed.
    3. The cable was the worst, there were only about 22 channels and only 1 kid channel (Disney Channel) while most of the cable channels they did have were boring news stations. I think this bugged me the most...with 2 young children only having 1 interesting station for them really kinda sucked.
    4. Valet parking was a joke...you HAVE to pay $9 bucks a night plus tax to park but they advertise free valet parking. Ha ha ha...when we first arrived and went to check in they told me since we were in the Club rooms at the back of the property we could park ourselves...seriously??? That's why you are here to park my vehicle. Needless to say my husband didnt want to use their services for the rest of the trip so we never actually wound up using them.

I would stay at this hotel again, I would hope they would do something with the variety of cable channels but otherwise they were fine. They also have a program that saves you money after your 3rd visit with them. I don't know that we would stay at the Club rooms again...they were extra money for not much extra. You get robes and slippers and vouchers for free Sammies from Quiznos (which we did not use either of those extras).

I was a little bit peeved that upon checkout the lady in front of me was asked to fill out a quick survey and all I got was, "okay, you're all checked out". However, we did not experience any of the "extra" niceness of the staff that many of the other reviewers had...when I did speak to the front desk at check in and check out it was just pretty much, to-the-point "here you go". We also didn't have an issue with towels, we always had an abundance of towels in our room.

I'm not too happy with their extra charges for anything extra, WiFi is ridiculous and so was the parking fee for nothing. Cribs are extra so we brought our own, in their book many additional things are extra fees which just seemed a little greedy when other hotels have most of those things complimentary. But I don't think they're management will do anything about it.

I think we would stay here again if the Cable issue was fixed, don't think we would do the Club room again though and the pool was a little disappointing but I knew this going in. It's on the roof and very small. The decor around the pool is all white and not very inviting, there were so many people at the pool the day we ventured up there I didnt stay to swim. The pros were definitely the free continental breakfast and the closeness to Disneyland and the beds!

We have stayed there a few times, most recently New Years Eve. It is one of our favorites on Harbor Blvd. Beds and pillows are very comfortable (one of the few places I don't bring my own pillow because there are usually 4-6 on a bed of different firmness so you can choose which one you like best). Have always had clean rooms. The standard rooms are a little on the small side so if you are packing four people into a two-bed room it's a little crowded.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

It's a great hotel and now a MiceChat partner as well. Be sure to ask for the "MiceChat" rate so you get the best available deal.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Under that tree again!

I can restate some of the above things.

Worst part, tight parking.
    Best park, great beds.

And of course the Micechatter special.
    40-60% off
    Discount Hotel Next To Disneyland - Carousel Inn and Suites - MiceChat Approved

• Race Car Driver

I have stayed there 8x with my family.
    I love everything about it.
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    It's a great hotel and now a MiceChat partner as well. Be sure to ask for the "MiceChat" rate so you get the best available deal.
    Yes, this is a great deal. However I tried to take advantage of it and it only applies to certain rooms, which were all booked. So I booked another room at full price, so then I tried to get the free parking, which is also a micechat deal, but that only applies if you have one of the discounted rooms.

• Banned User

Yeah I called yesterday and even with the discount, the lowest they go is 89. regular price forthe days was looking at was only 99, so a $10 discount doesn't really do it for me. I think I'll stick with $50 rooms on priceline.

I've never been able to find it at a price lower than the Grand Californian... Last night when I checked for the Micechat 7 yr, it was $425/Night for a Tower room...

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by bellerose75 View Post
    Yeah I called yesterday and even with the discount, the lowest they go is 89. regular price forthe days was looking at was only 99, so a $10 discount doesn't really do it for me. I think I'll stick with $50 rooms on priceline.
    Depends on your priorities. Feeling good about a steeper discount or feeling good about knowing what you get, and the value of the location.

Sure you can get cheaper on priceline, but you aren't going to get anywhere near as close to the park and for that type of rate, probably not as nice of a room. Getting the Marriott, etc is a nice choice from priceline, but a heck of a lot longer walk every day.

Just gotta decide what is important to you..
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    My mom is the one who started this thread. Thank you for posting about the "micechat" rate!!! We were originally saving %20 off our room through Carousels website for staying more than 4 nights but using the micechat discount was around %50 cheaper! For 8 nights our grand total was $851 all taxes and fees. It ended up saving us around $360. Thanks soooo much!!!!

• Across From DL

That is such an amazing savings! Plus free parking!

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Depends on your priorities. Feeling good about a steeper discount or feeling good about knowing what you get, and the value of the location.

Sure you can get cheaper on priceline, but you aren't going to get anywhere near as close to the park and for that type of rate, probably not as nice of a room. Getting the Marriott, etc is a nice choice from priceline, but a heck of a lot longer walk every day.

Just gotta decide what is important to you..
    We have used priceline about 5 times so far and 3 of those 5 times we've been lucky to get the Crowne Plaza for $60 or less each time! The driving doesnt bother us because we have an annual pass with parking. Prior to using Priceline we used to stay at Motel 6, which we would book for $45-60 per night. The rooms were nice and recently remodeled, never really had a complaint there. For us we usually only sleep at our hotel during our stays so it works for us.

For us it just all depends on our budget for any particular trip. Extra money or special occasion we stay at the DL Hotel, lower budget for a short trip we'd prob pick Priceline. Carousel was nice, don't get me wrong, especially with fridge/microwave but at $30-$40 higher per night it adds up quickly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast