Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Hey everyone, what hotels do you recommend to stay at if you cant stay at the par

If you are simply looking for cheap, Anaheim Plaza. If you are looking for nice and comfortable in addition to "cheaper", Hojos, Candy Cane, Fairfield, or even the Hilton has some cheap rates if you pay in advance. (We got a suite with breakfast for $120 a night. Breakfast was fantastic.) We prefer either Residence Inn or Candy Cane.

2 places I will NOT stay are Del Sol and Eden Roc.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Johnny and Me!

Re: Hey everyone, what hotels do you recommend to stay at if you cant stay at the par

I also recommend the Hojo. It's worth it to splurge on the theme park view, too. The link to the MiceChat discount is here: MiceChat.com | Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel

• formerly very helpful

With all these comments, I'll need to check out Howard Johnsons next. My favorite, so far has been the Camelot Inn. Right on Harbor. A VERY short walk. Real nice.

I've stayed at the Eden Roc, and Quality Inn at the Park, and they were somewhat drab, clean was an issue. But they served their purpose and were cheap.

We are spoiled in that I get some industry discounts. We try to stay at dl hotel or grand California, however we've stayed at the Hilton next to the convention center for $100 a night, a rate anyone can get at certain times. It's 4 star and quite nice, BUT $20 a day parking. Next month we are going to the Anaheim plaza hotel. $69, across the street no frills. We don't spend much time at the hotel so seems good.

For close, comfort, and good prices we like the Carousel Inn (there is a special going on now) or the Tropicana inn, both very close to the stoplight on Harbor.

• -

I never mess with the flee bags across the street. If I am not staying on property, I usually stay at the Embassy Suites a few blocks away. While not in walking distance, staying there, one does get free drinks and snacks at happy hour plus a great breakfast buffet in the morning.

I have also stayed at the Sheraton that is right off the exit from the 5 South.

Both hotels offer free shuttles to the park.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I never mess with the flee bags across the street. If I am not staying on property, I usually stay at the Embassy Suites a few blocks away. While not in walking distance, staying there, one does get free drinks and snacks at happy hour plus a great breakfast buffet in the morning.

Neither one of the properties I mentioned is a "flea bag". I haven't seen a cockroach across the street since the '90's, lol.

• Minion

I would recommend the red lion it may be a little expensive but the rooms are. Dry modern and updated

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• The Pumpkin King

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StarDustFairy View Post
    We stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites. I was paranoid it would be really run down and too far of a walk, but it was clean and the walk wasn't too bad. The only bummer was the times we were walking in the rain. I can't remember how much it was, but in comparison to other deals at the time, it was one of the best, and we were pleased.
    The Quality Inn on Manchester is usually my "go to" hotel. The prices are usually pretty reasonable. Its an older property, the rooms are really small and it is close to the 5 freeway... but the staff is great, the breakfast while basic does have waffles and its a pretty easy walk to the park.

But you can also catch the ART shuttle across the street at HoJo's. Quality Inn doesn't sell the tickets, and you can't by them at HoJo's unless you are staying there, but I usually order ART passes online, then at night when I'm to tired to walk I can take the shuttle and they drop off at HoJo's then I just have to walk across the street.

Somewhere in a couple of other threads in here I have pictures I have taken of the rooms...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

We are spoiled in that I get some industry discounts. We try to stay at dl hotel or grand California, however we've stayed at the Hilton next to the convention center for $100 a night, a rate anyone can get at certain times. It's 4 star and quite nice, BUT $20 a day parking. Next month we are going to the Anaheim plaza hotel. $69, across the street no frills. We don't spend much time at the hotel so seems good.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post

I must say that while there is no magic like a Disney hotel, I really can't call any of the hotels I've stayed at dumps. I will admit that there is a drop in quality, depending on where you stay and what you pay. However, sometimes price is a real consideration. If a lesser hotel is all that you can afford, you can do a lot worse than any of the "fleabags" that have been mentioned.

If you don't mind a short drive the lemon tree is a great deal and they have most cofortable beds ever! Lol it reminds me of the haunted mansion with a long hallway and some crazy vintage stuff. But over all I loved it plus they have full one bedroom apartments and they are only a few bucks more than a room.

• Embrace the kitsch!

I'd like to say a word for the Best Western Anaheim Inn. It's right next to the Best Western Park Place, which is larger and more expensive. The Anaheim Inn is comparable in price w/ Howard Johnson's. It's a small, serviceable hotel, built in the early 80's. No breakfast served. Limited parking, but right next to the crosswalk into the Esplanade.

BTW, once again, I am pushing for a sticky on this topic.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

Here's another vote for The Anaheim Inn.
    Matthew

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast