Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• The Pumpkin King

Hey everyone, what hotels do you recommend to stay at if you cant stay at the park 1?

Like what Hotels around Disneyland are the closest and or the cheapest?

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Hey everyone, what hotels do you recommend to stay at if you cant stay at the par

Just a warning,
    MOD's might move this thread.
    Mice chat has a whole section that deals with hotel chat
    So. Cal. Hotel Reviews

I stayed at the Tropicana Inn & Suites once. It was cheap and they just remodeled it.
    It wasn't bad for the price.
    I usually do The Fairfield Inn, but they ticked me off, so I had to look for something that wasn't to high of a price last minute.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Re: Hey everyone, what hotels do you recommend to stay at if you cant stay at the par

My family always stays at the Howard Johnson's. It is a good blend of quality and affordability, and is a short walk to park.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

And doesn't the HoJo have MC discount?
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• The Pumpkin King

Ah okay, thanks guys. Also I totally forgot there was a whole section for hotels, lol. I guess that what happends when you have not been here in a while.

We stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites. I was paranoid it would be really run down and too far of a walk, but it was clean and the walk wasn't too bad. The only bummer was the times we were walking in the rain. I can't remember how much it was, but in comparison to other deals at the time, it was one of the best, and we were pleased.
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

Howard Johnson all the way! It's right across the street from Disneyland (bonus: you can often see the fireworks from your hotel room) and it's affordable. The rooms even Disney themed and it's affordable.

We stay in CHEAP hotels, basically the bottom of the barrel.
    Most we pay is 49.00 a night
    Days Inn or Eden Roc Inn and Suites
    but be warned, they are simple, and no promise something wont go wrong.
    however they do meet my needs for a place to shower and sleep as well as meet my handicap/ecv needs as well.

• The Pumpkin King

HHhhmmm..... The lowest I can see are for $301.86

But I'm still tryin to figure out how much would it be at Disneyland hotel for 2 adults, and one 3 year old and we have passes. So tryin to figure how much that would knock the price down to.

• Dreaming of next trip

The price depends on when you want to go, HOJo also gives a pass holder discount. The price for HOJo is around half the price for the Disneyland hotel. Make sure you look at the passholder site for the Disney hotel discounts.

hojo!!!! the pool is sick...

• Just good enough

Anaheim Plaza Hotel is about a block down from the Esplanade and it's affordable. Around 69 dollars a night but its pretty basic as far as hotels go. If you're someone that plans on spending most of your time at the parks and not the hotel then this would be the place to go.
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Hey everyone, what hotels do you recommend to stay at if you cant stay at the par

We've returned many times to The Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites. Only 2 places on Harbor are closer, and barely at that. The room we had last week had been recently refurbbed: new TV, safe and Spreads, etc. Don't know if they've done the whole property. Depending on time of year we've gotten a junior suite for $99-150 per night.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

We stayed at the Jolly Roger inn. It was way cheap and a 5 minute walk to Disneyland. It was a little old but was a place to rest/ shower on a budget. They didn't charge per person, just per night. So it didn't matter if it was 2-5 people. All the same price. Hope that helps

• Banned User

My favorite is Ramada Plaza off Katella. Bit of a walk (same distance as main gate to Sreamin', but it seems longer after 10+ hours in the parks). Very clean and comfortable and hot breakfast buffet included.

For close, I go with Desert Inn and Suites.

For a cheap dump with good location, I have done Anaheim Plaza.

HoJo is nice and pretty good location, but even with the discount I have found it to be less value. There are places as nice, as close, for lower price.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast