Fairfield or paradise pier?

First time poster, long time lurker. I am interested in getting opinions on which is the better path to take with hotels. We are heading up to Disneyland from San Diego in march to celebrate our daughters 5th birthday, a wednesday to thursday trip. I have already booked a theme room at the fairfield inn for 119 a night. I am considering the disney properties because of Magic mornings on thursday. The Pier property at 175 isnt a substantial difference but im trying to decide if that extra 55 is worth the extra hour in the park in the morning.

I assume parking is a wash because both places charge. So my questions to all of you are:

Is the extra 55 dollars worth it just to have an extra hour in the parks?
    Will paradise pier do anything on top of the norm since its her bday?
    Is paradise pier about the same walking distance to the entry as the fairfied?
    Which hotel is nicer?

The other two properties are 270 and 290 a night which is a lot more but wondering if the grand is worth the splurge.

Appreciate your input!

• Unhelpful User

Last time i stayed at a disney resort, they offerd the extra magic hour in the morning, but you could not get on any rides, they kept them closed tell normal opening time.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Re: Fairfield or paradise pier?

I have never stayed at the PP hotel, but the extra $55 is a character breakfast in the park, like the Minnie and Friends, which starts its reservations prior to the park opening on MM days. I think the value might have to be what you and your family want or need when going. If the value is having a more immersive experience, then one of the resort hotels might be a good thing! You are going Disney all the way. My DH and I have a 5 year old as well, and we prefer to conserve a bit (or sometimes quite a bit) on room rates to allow us more money for the parks on meals, souvenirs and such. This is even more true when we intend only minimal hotel time.

Now having said that, I won't lie. My favorite Disney property is the Grand. I had the opportunity a few years back to stay 5 nights when friends put us up with their DVC points in a standard room. When we stay on property we try to go there, because the proximity to the park is worth every cent sometimes. Especially with immediate DCA access. Sorry I don't have more PP information, but I hope this helps!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/