•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Dolphin's Cove Resort - Anyone Ever Stayed There?

Using my Wyndham points, I was able to book 5 nights at the Dolphin's Cove Resort in Anaheim. I understand that this resort is less than a mile from Disneyland. I will be staying there from Monday, May 28th until June the 2nd. I would be interested in hearing anyone's comments about this hotel.

Thanks.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Dolphin's Cove Resort - Anyone Ever Stayed There?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Using my Wyndham points, I was able to book 5 nights at the Dolphin's Cove Resort in Anaheim. I understand that this resort is less than a mile from Disneyland. I will be staying there from Monday, May 28th until June the 2nd. I would be interested in hearing anyone's comments about this hotel.

Thanks.
    I love the name. If it is multi story (and the rooms face the resort),.you might ask for to be placed in a room that would give you the best view. Also, I would call the hotel itself (rather than a centralized number) and ask about the distance to Disneyland.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Dont make me unfriend you

Barbaraann,

How did you like the Dolphin Cove Resort? How does it compare with other Wyndham resorts?

I have stayed at other Wyndham resorts (Pagosa Springs, Co and Grand Desert, Las Vegas). We like the large suites and kitchens that they provide.

PS Thanks to the mods for re-opening this thread for me.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I liked the room a lot. It was very clean. Very well maintained. I really can't comment about any of the other amenities of the resort, since I didn't spend any time at the resort other than in my room. I was in Anaheim to spend my time at Disneyland. The distance is a bit farther than walking distance, but the nearest ART stop is about a 1/2 block around the corner on Harbor Blvd in front of the Travelodge. Very easy to walk to. You actually have 2 ART route options when coming back to Dolphin's Cove. One will let you off back at the Travelodge, and the other is in front of the Doubletree Hotel on Harbor.

I had a one bedroom unit. The King Size bed, in the bedroom, was very comfortable. The kitchen was very similar to what I am used to. Fully stocked with dishes, pots and pans etc;. Refrigerator, stove, microwave. The only thing lacking was the absence of a washer and dryer in the room. Glacier Canyon Lodge is our home resort. So Dolphin's Cove is a whole lot different in many ways. Dolphin's Cove had a normal size swimming pool, and hot tub, but I did not swim. I needed to walk through that area in order to get to my room, which requires your room key for access. The room that I had was very quiet. I didn't hear any sounds from neighboring rooms at all.

The complimentary wifi worked perfectly the entire time that I was there.

I have booked the resort again for January the 25th, 2013 until the 31st.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Dolphin's Cove was a nice place, the parking lot has a gate and the property requires a guest card to access so it's very safe and secure. We stayed through time share points as well but you can also stay here even if you don't have a time share. We didn't have a view of Disneyland or anything like that, it's only a two story building but it is nice and modern. Denny's was right around the corner.