View Poll Results: Which Hotel Is Your Favorite?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paradise Pier

1 1.52%
  • The "Disneyland" Hotel

19 28.79%
  • Grand Californian

22 33.33%
  • I Do Not Stay On Disneyland Property

24 36.36%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Opinions On The Hotels?

We really liked the Disneyland Hotel so much better before the renovation and taking away the sliding glass doors. There was nothing like staying in the old Bonita tower, up on the 10, 11 floor with the glass door open at night falling asleep to the sounds of the water falls. Gone forever, but DLH is still our fave.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

If you don't care about cost, do Grand CA

---------- Post added 03-22-2012 at 09:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Cons: ...and least of the Disney feel.
    totally agree. Stayed there once and I'd rather stay at a good neighbor hotel (cheaper too, in most cases). If I'm going to stay on Disney property (and pay more for it), I want to feel the "magic".
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Another vote for the Grand Californian!! Beautiful, beautiful property indeed. Love being so close! I was watching our last vacation video, and with a "secret" emergency exit that we had near our room, in less than 1 minute we where at DL gates!!
    Want to have a quick nap? Just hop to your room and bang! you're there.
    Want to change clothes after Grizzly River? take the special entrance and in a couple of minutes you're in your room (and we where in a remote section of the hotel).
    The pool was great, kids loved it, and their parents as well. The ambiance was unbeatable. Lobby? I was waiting for my family, almost fell sleep in those comfy chairs, listening to the piano man.. oh man!! Loved the hotel.

• Dave

Blog Entries

Ok quick question. we are planning our Disneyland vacation, and we usually stay at the Tropacana. I love the price and location. My poor abused and long suffering son of 14 years old. Has told me we can not stay at that Hotel again do to the sever strain on his back, and is trying to convince me to reserve a room at the Carosoul inn because the beds he has heard are so much better, and is willing to sacrafice for a little longer walk. I was wondering out, there if any one has any reviews on the carosaul inn, and is it weorth the bigger expense?
    Dave

• Circle of Ancients

Honestly, when we stayed at the GC last year, I wasn't really impressed at all. I actually find the rooms at the Hilton to be MUCH better and would gladly stay there instead. It's just too bad they aren't going to have a back-gate into CarsLand from that side. It was easier to stay there when you could walk right across the street to the Timon lot and take the tram from there to the Entrance Plaza.

• Boise Mouse

We stay at the Marriott Maingate, which is just about a mile walk away. We simply can't justify the expence of the resort hotels, although we could afford it. If we were staying for two nights, probably. But we will be there for 13 nights this time. As it is, the Marriott Penthouse Suite is going to be $250/night..... but it is like a condo, with a full kitchen (and I mean full - no "mini" stuff... Full fridge/freezer, oven, stove, dishwasher, sink, and all the dishes and cooking ware) and a very nice common BBQ area. I send them my grocery list, and they will have it in our room at check in for no extra fee (although, we do tip them). We will make a quick run to Costco as well, and then we are pretty set for our stay. We have a family of 4.... myself, my husband, and our two 16 year olds. We have stayed at the DLH once before, and we didn't get near the value we do at the MM.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

I have stayed at all of them and now I will only stay at the grand since it has spoiled me with it awsomeness. I love waking up and going out on my blacony and looking out into dca....... magic at it's finenest

I don't spend enough time in my hotel room to justify the cost of staying on property, personally. I'd rather spend the money elsewhere on my experience. Maybe someday the wife and I will stay a couple of nights at GCH, but honestly, I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
    I voted for the Disneyland Hotel. We just stayed there in a 1-bedroom Regal Suite that was very nice! I love this hotel for the history as I have been visiting there since 1962. We couldn't afford to stay there when I was growing up, but we always went over to see the shops and poke around the grounds.

I also really like the Paradise Pier. I like the unhurried feel of the hotel and have opted to stay there over the Disneyland Hotel a few times.

My least favorite is the Grand Californian. Yes, it is beautiful and I love the fireplace in the lobby, but I would rather stay elsewhere. For some unknown reason it makes me uneasy to stay there.
    Wow. This sums up my feelings exactly.

Love the Disneyland Hotel because it's the Disneyland Hotel. lol Paradise Pier is a CLOSE second. Maybe might even be a bit better overall, I just love the Disneyland Hotel rooms so so much. But the Pier was a great feeling overall, and we didn't even get to go to the pool. It's cheaper, but the walk is far compared to the others. So many good and not so good between those two hotels. Stayed in the Californian once, and that was good enough!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12